Trail Stewardship Team
- Supervise a crew of ten 14-18 year old Crew Members
- Direct the training and daily management of a crew to complete trail maintenance projects within Jeffco Open Space parks
- Compile and manage daily reporting of project progress, Crew Member performance, and time accounting
- Attend two-week training. 7:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m. June 6 – 9 and June 13 – 16.
- Work from 7:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m., Mon - Thurs from June 21 - August 4, 2022
- Transport crew in county vehicles (valid CO drivers license required)
- Experience working with youth
- A passion for public lands
- Trail maintenance and construction experience preferred but not required
- The Trail Stewardship Team Supervisor will perform administrative and supervisory duties in directing the day-to-day activities of Trail Stewardship Team Crew Leaders and Crew Members performing trail maintenance and construction for the Open Space Division.
- Direct the daily work of the Trail Stewardship Team to accomplish park and open space projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Train and supervise up to 10 Crew Leaders to complete trail and natural resources projects and manage youth in an outdoor setting.
- Ensure that safety policies and procedures are communicated and adhered to in order to achieve compliance with established standards.
- Walk up to 7 miles a day in extreme weather carrying tools and personal equipment.
- Facilitate crew meetings at the end of each day.
- Direct Crew Leader reporting requirements and manage payroll, attendance, and project completion data.
- Use conflict resolution skills to mitigate any conflict among employees.
- Minimum of four years of experience in youth supervision and/or trail maintenance/construction.
- Excellent group management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Excellent communication and teaching skills.
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of equipment, including trucks, 14-passenger vans, and basic trail tools.
- Requires ability to exert up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects.