- Public Health
- Clinic Services
- Sex Facts Jeffco
Sex Facts Jeffco
At Jefferson County Public Health (JCPH), we make it easy to get the best sexual health care for you. We offer low-to-no-cost birth control and sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment . Our services are confidential, nonjudgmental and available to anyone. We offer same- or next-day appointments whenever possible.
Get the Facts
What you need to know:
- Anyone who is sexually active can get an STI.
- STIs are common, and on the rise.
- Sometimes you can have an STI and not have any symptoms. The only way to know for sure is to get tested.
- Sometimes you can have an STI and not even know it.
The only way to know for sure if you have one is to get tested.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- If STIs aren’t treated, they can be serious. For example, if left untreated, chlamydia and gonorrhea can make it harder to get pregnant in the future.
- Some STIs, like herpes, aren’t curable, but a healthcare provider can prescribe medicine to manage symptoms and treat the infection. If you have an STI, talk to your healthcare provider.
- If you choose to have sex, you can protect yourself against STIs. You and your partner should get tested before you have sex, only have one sex partner at a time and use protection. JCPH also provides PrEP, a medication that, when taken as directed, significantly reduces the chances of getting HIV.
- Schedule an appointment to discuss birth control today. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
What you need to know:
- If you’re having sex but don’t want to get pregnant, you have options.
There are many safe and highly effective methods of birth control to prevent unintended pregnancy. At JCPH, we offer multiple types of pills, Liletta, Paragard,IUDs, the arm implant/Nexplanon, Depo Provera (the shot), the Nuva Ring, condoms and all emergency contraceptives (Plan B, Ella).
- If you’re trying to get pregnant, it’s important to talk to your healthcare provider about preconception care. By planning ahead, you can decrease risk of complications.
- You don’t need permission to get sexual health care. In Colorado, teens can access sexual health services, including birth control, without parental or partner permission.
- Lean more about family planning and your options. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Make an Appointment
Call 303-239-7078 to make an appointment with our clinic. Same day and next day appointments are often available. Interpretation services are available for clients who speak another language or are hearing impaired. Make an appointment for:
- STI testing and treatment
- Birth control
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing
- Cervical cancer screening and women’s health exams
- HPV vaccinations for cancer prevention (additional routine vaccinations also available)
- PrEP (Pre-exposure prophylaxis) medication for HIV prevention
Our providers can talk with you about your options, answer any questions you have and support you to make the right decision for you.
Text4SexFacts is a free, anonymous text line for teens and adults in Jeffco to ask questions about sexual and reproductive health and get medically accurate, affirmative answers from a Jeffco public health nurse. The text line number is 720-443-1717 and is monitored Monday - Thursday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Ask questions about a range of topics, including birth control methods, STD/STI signs and symptoms, pregnancy, JCPH clinic information and more!
Texting is never a 100% secure form of communication so it’s good to avoid sharing any personal information. We can not diagnose any conditions, recommend, or prescribe medication or provide directive counseling. If you have a personal question, make an appointment with a healthcare provider today.