Transport Permit

The Transport Permit is required for moving extra-legal vehicles through unincorporated Jefferson County.  Contact the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) and other cities within Jefferson County if your planned trip will cross their roads.

Due to the increase in the community spread of COVID-19, Transportation and Engineering offices are closed for in-person services. The safety and well-being of our visitors and our employees is our first priority. In order to continue serving the community, staff are working remotely to provide online and virtual services.

You may continue conducting business with this office by email or telephone, 303-271-8495.


Meetings with Transportation and Engineering staff are by appointment only. These appointments will be conducted virtually or by phone. Click the button or link below to request an appointment.

button appointments textRequest an appointment

To Apply:

Please allow 48 hours for an inspector to review the permit application. A representative from Transportation and Engineering will notify the applicant when the permit has been approved and is ready to be paid. We can accept credit card payments for permits over the telephone. After the permit has been paid, a copy of the permit will be sent to the applicant.

See CDOT website for legal vehicle dimensions.