Right-of-Way Use and Construction Permit

This permit is required for work in county right-of-way or easements.

It is also required when placing a dumpster, roll-off or other container in public right-of-way. See Right-of-Way Use and Construction Permit for Temporary Container Placement.

Applying for a Permit

Read the Right-of-Way Use and Construction Permits and License Agreements Policy (PDF).

Complete, sign (names may be typed) and submit the application form (PDF), and any applicable backup documents (e.g. traffic control plan) by email to Transportation and Engineering.

Please allow 48 hours for review of the application. Applicants will be contacted by email when the permit is ready to be paid. Jefferson County may request a job-specific bond depending on the type of work being completed (see Section G. of the policy). After all required documents have been received, the county can accept credit card payments for permits over the phone (303-271-8495).

Use the Jeffco Interactive Mapping Application (jMap) to determine if a location is within county right-of-way and measure roadway lengths with these instructions (PDF).


See Water and Sewer Lines page for water and sanitation district maps.