News and Events
- For general inquiries: e-mail us or use our online form
- To schedule an appointment with staff: book an appointment online or call us at 303-271-8700
- To submit applications for Building Permits, Rezonings, Site Development Plans, Land Disturbance Permits, Floodplain Permits, Minor Adjustments, and Pre-Applications, visit our online portal
- To submit applications for other permits: e-mail us
- Sign pick-up: Please schedule an appointment and pre-pay any applicable fees online using our online portal
- Electronic documents are strongly encouraged for fastest service. Please note, providing physical documents instead of electronic documents will cause a significant delay in service.
- Checks and other sensitive documents can be dropped off at the office or mailed: Jefferson County Planning & Zoning, 100 Jefferson Parkway, Suite 3550, Golden, CO 80419
Please Make an Appointment!
We are offering both virtual and in-person appointments Monday through Thursday. County offices are closed on Fridays. Click the "book now" button below or call us at 303-271-8700 to make your appointment. Everyone is still able to submit documents online (PDF).
Online Permit Submittal
NEW: Planning and Zoning only accepts the following permits and applications through our Online Application System (no paper or email submittals):
- Building Permits
- Floodplain Permits
- Land Disturbance Permits (Including Grading Permits, Notice of Intents and Natural Surface Trails)
- Minor Adjustments
- Site Development Plan
Visit our Online Applications Page for more information.
Regulation Updates in Progress
There are multiple Regulation updates being processed and proposed. You can see all the updates on our Regulation Updates page.
Hybrid Hearings and Virtual Community Meetings
Members of the public that plan to provide public testimony for Planning Commission cases should sign up using our Public Testimony Registration page at least 24 hours in advance.