- County Manager
Jefferson County, Colorado, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or religion in the provision of services.
In accordance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ("ADA"), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Jefferson County, does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its services, programs, or activities.
Jefferson County will make all reasonable modifications to ensure that people with disabilities have an equal opportunity to enjoy all of its programs, services, and activities. For example, individuals with service animals are welcomed in Jefferson County offices, even where pets are generally prohibited.
Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication, or a modification participate in a program, service, or activity of Jefferson County, should call 303-271-8500 or TDD 303-271-8560. We appreciate a minimum of 48 hours advance notice so arrangements can be made to provide the requested auxiliary aid or reasonable accommodation.
Neither the ADA nor the Rehabilitation Act requires Jefferson County to take any action that would fundamentally alter the nature of its programs or services, or impose an undue financial or administrative burden.
Jefferson County will not place a surcharge on a particular individual with a disability or any group of individuals with disabilities to cover the cost of providing auxiliary aids/services or reasonable modifications of policy, such as retrieving items from locations that are open to the public but are not accessible to persons who use wheelchairs.
Notice and Grievance
For more information, please visit our county policies and procedures web page that lists the county’s various policies and procedures that pertain to notice and grievance, and are available as PDF downloads. The polices and procedures include but are not limited to the following (which are all on the page linked above):
- Americans with Disabilities Act Grievance Procedure (PDF)
- Americans with Disabilities Act Policy (PDF)
- Americans with Disabilities Act Procedure Designated Employee (PDF)
- Americans with Disabilities Act Procedure Public Notice (PDF)
- Americans with Disabilities Act Procedure Title VI Plan (PDF)
- Americans with Disabilities Act Transition Plan Curb Ramps Procedure (PDF)
- Limited English Proficiency Policy (PDF)
- Limited English Proficiency Procedure (PDF)
Jefferson County does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with all regulations promulgated by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission under Title I of the ADA.
- EEO Utilization Report - District Attorney’s Office (PDF)
- EEO Utilization Report - Sheriff’s Office (PDF)