The purpose of the Planning Commission is to make recommendations to the county commissioners on land use applications, regulations and policies presented by the Planning and Zoning Division. The Planning Commission also makes and adopts the county’s Comprehensive Master Plan as required by Colorado state statute.
The Planning Commission makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on the following:
- Rezoning requests
- Special Use requests
- Vacation requests
- Combined Preliminary and Final Plats
- Special District Service Plans
- Zoning Resolution and Land Development Regulation amendments
The Planning Commission also makes final decisions on:
- Urban Growth Boundaries
- Site Approval requests
- Updates to and adoption of the county’s Comprehensive Master Plan
For the most up-to-date information, including meeting agendas and recordings of meetings, please visit agenda and minutes page for the Planning Commission.
Please see the Planning and Zoning Virtual Meeting page for more information and the link for the virtual meetings.
The Jefferson County Planning Commission meets on the first, second, fourth, and fifth (if applicable) Wednesday monthly. Meetings are held at the Jefferson County Courts & Administration building in the below rooms and times:
- Pre-Meeting: 5:30 p.m. in Rooms 1566/67
- Public Hearing: 6:15 p.m. in Hearing Room 1
The Planning Commission consists of seven regular members and two associate members. Regular members serve three-year terms and associate members serve one-year terms.
- Kim Cooke (Term expires: September 20, 2023)
- Jamie Jost (Term expires: September 20, 2023)
- Heath Phillips (Term expires: September 20, 2021)
- Sharon Woods (Term expires: September 30, 2021)
- Kelsey Johnson (Term expires: September 30, 2023)
- Don Anderson (Term expires: September 30, 2021)
- Tim Rogers (Term expires: September 30, 2023)
- Tom Hatton (Term expires: September 30, 2022)
- Wendy Spencer (Term expires: September 30, 2022)