The purpose of the Planning Commission is to make recommendations to the county commissioners on land use applications, regulations and policies presented by the Planning and Zoning Division. The Planning Commission also makes and adopts the county’s Comprehensive Master Plan as required by Colorado state statute.
The Planning Commission makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on the following:
- Rezoning requests
- Special Use requests
- Vacation requests
- Combined Preliminary and Final Plats
- Special District Service Plans
- Zoning Resolution and Land Development Regulation amendments
The Planning Commission also makes final decisions on:
- Urban Growth Boundaries
- Site Approval requests
- Updates to and adoption of the county's Comprehensive Master Plan
Planning Commission meetings are held the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at the Jefferson County Courts and Administration building.
Meetings are now being held as hybrid meetings. You may watch and participate in person, online, or by phone. If you are worried about your ability to participate or need extra guidance, please reach out to the case manager listed on the agenda for assistance. Visit our Hybrid Hearings page for more information about upcoming meetings.
• Pre-Meeting: 5:15 p.m. – Faye Griffin Conference Room
• Public Hearing: 6:15 p.m. – Hearing Room 1
The Planning Commission consists of seven regular members and two associate members. Regular members serve for a three-year term, associate members serve for a one-year term.
- Brian Becker (Term expires: September 30, 2024)
- Open (Term expires: September 30, 2023)
- David Duncan (Term expires: September 30, 2022)
- Joanna Meyer (Term expires: September 30, 2022)
- Tom Hatton (Term expires: September 30, 2022)
- Andrew Lemmer (Term expires: September 30, 2023)
- Jamie Jost (Term expires: September 30, 2023)
- Tim Rogers (Term expires: September 30, 2023)
- Wendy Spencer (Term expires: September 30, 2022)