Open Space Advisory Committee
The committee makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners regarding acquisitions, development, maintenance, preservation, use and operation of Open Space lands in conformance with Open Space policies and procedures.
The committee reviews and makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners regarding the following:
- Annual and five-year Open Space budget.
- All acquisitions, dispositions, trades and gifts of interests in real property including terms of purchase and sale agreements related to real property interests.
- Grants to cities, nonprofit organizations and districts that provide park and recreation services.
- Purchase, sale, lease, or transfers of water rights.
- The naming of county Open Space parks.
- When appropriate, intergovernmental agreements.
- Such other matters as the director deems appropriate.
For all of the latest information on OSAC meetings, events, and work, please visit the JCOS Advisory Committee web page.
Study sessions and regular meetings are generally held on the first Thursday of every month, starting at 4:15 p.m. (study session) and 6:00 p.m. (regular meeting), at 700 Jefferson County Parkway Suite 100, Golden, CO. In addition, attending field trips, community meetings and events is desired.
For the latest meeting schedule, minutes, and agendas, please visit https://www.jeffco.us/1581/Advisory-Committee.
This committee consists of 12 members, 10 of which are regular members that serve three-year terms, and two alternate members that serve two-year terms. Appointees must have an interest and/or background in open space, parks, trails, natural resources, outdoor recreation and nature education.
Current Committee Members
Parks & Rec
|Felicity Hannay||Jacy Rock|
|Janet Shangraw||John Litz||Kathleen Staks|
Planning Dept Rep
|Michael Dungan||Rebecca Watson|