Library Board of Trustees
The Library Board of Trustees is a governing board that governs the affairs of the Jefferson County Public Library that serves its citizens in accordance of the applicable statutes and laws serving the citizens of Jefferson County.
- Establishes governing policies;
- Employs the executive director;
- Recommends a budget and dispenses funds;
- Acquires and oversees libraries and library assets; and,
- Participates in strategic planning and library advocacy.
Meetings are held on the second and third Thursday of each month. Location varies. For the latest information about meeting dates, times, or locations, please visit https://jeffcolibrary.org/board-of-trustees/.
The Library Board of Trustees consist of seven members and must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a Jefferson County resident.
- Possess an understanding of laws governing public meetings and availability of public records.
- A willingness to uphold First Amendment rights
- A willingness to commit time and energy to the position, including regular meeting attendance.
- The ability to read and understand meeting documentation.
- A desire to see the library assume an important role in the community.
- A willingness to work with the rest of the board to make sound decisions.
- The ability to participate in discussions without dominating a meeting.
- A thorough knowledge of the community he or she represents.
- An ability to advocate for the library.
- A commitment to the progress of the library.
- A willingness to consider new programs, methods and technology to solve problems.
- A willingness to attend retreats, conferences and workshops for continuing education.
- The willingness to participate in fundraising efforts, when needed.
- Familiarity with local and national issues that may affect libraries.
- A willingness to take on leadership roles within the board.
- Charles Naumer (Term expires: September 30,2023)
- German Zarate-Bohorquez (Term expires: September 30,2022)
- Jeanne Lomba (Term expires: September 30,2024)
- Jill Fellman (Term expires: September 30,2022)
- Open (Term expires: September 30,2024)
- Kim Johnson (Term expires: September 30,2022)
- Pam Anderson (Term expires: September 30,2023)