Engineering Advisory Board
The Engineering Advisory Board provides the Board of County Commissioners, Planning Commission, county staff, developers, builders and/or engineers with an evaluation of the engineering aspects of a building permit or developmental proposal for projects within the Designated Dipping Bedrock Overlay District on an as-needed basis.
- Considers whether or not the engineering designs and studies are adequate to mitigate the possible adverse impacts of steeply dipping claystone bedrock.
- Reviews alternate mitigation methods and as such provides a mechanism to allow and promote innovative engineering techniques.
- Reviews applications and/or attends Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioner hearings to present recommendations as needed.
Meets as needed.
The Engineering Advisory Board consists of three members serving three-year terms. Members must meet certain qualifications:
- Be a professional engineer registered in the state of Colorado, specializing civil, structural, soil and foundation engineering or a professional geologist.
- Must demonstrate substantial knowledge and expertise in the methods used to identify, investigate and mitigate damages due to steeply dipping claystone bedrock.
- Ali K. Marvi (Term expires: September 30, 2021)
- Francis Harrison (Term expires: September 30, 2021)
- Ron McOmber (Term expires: September 30, 2021)