- Board of County Commissioners
- Boards & Commissions
- Engineering Advisory Board
Engineering Advisory Board
The Engineering Advisory Board provides the Board of County Commissioners, Planning Commission, county staff, developers, builders and/or engineers with an evaluation of the engineering aspects of a building permit or developmental proposal for projects within the Designated Dipping Bedrock Overlay District on an as-needed basis.
- Considers whether or not the engineering designs and studies are adequate to mitigate the possible adverse impacts of steeply dipping claystone bedrock.
- Reviews alternate mitigation methods and as such provides a mechanism to allow and promote innovative engineering techniques.
- Reviews applications and/or attends Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioner hearings to present recommendations as needed.
To access the application for this board when it is available, click here to be taken to the Vacancies page.
Meets as needed.
The Engineering Advisory Board consists of three members serving three-year terms. Members must meet certain qualifications:
- Be a professional engineer registered in the state of Colorado, specializing civil, structural, soil and foundation engineering or a professional geologist.
- Must demonstrate substantial knowledge and expertise in the methods used to identify, investigate and mitigate damages due to steeply dipping claystone bedrock.
- Ali K. Marvi (Term expires: September 30, 2024)
- Francis Harrison (Term expires: September 30, 2024)
- Craig Colby (Term expires: September 30, 2024)