CSU Extension Advisory Committee
Serves as a liaison between the citizens of Jefferson County, the Board of County Commissioners and CSU. Advises the county commissioners and staff of CSU Extension on needs for educational outreach in the county and shares information about Extension programs with county citizens.
- Understands the core program areas of the CSU Extension in Jefferson County.
- Assists in identifying the needs and concerns of the community and county related to natural resources, horticulture, youth development and family and consumer services.
- Provides input to the CSU Extension Director regarding the development and implementation of educational programs and priorities within the CSU Extension’s expertise.
- Suggests resources and delivery methods to address identified priorities.
- Communicates the benefits and impacts of CSU Extension programs and services with decision makers and citizens.
Meetings are held on the third Thursday quarterly beginning in January at the CSU-Extension office located on the Jeffco Fairgrounds campus.
The CSU Extension Advisory Committee consists of seven members serving a maximum of two, three-year terms.
Members have an interest and/or experience in youth development, family and consumer sciences, gardening, nutrition, native plants and natural resources.
- Christopher Newcomer (Term expires: September 30, 2023)
- Jean Nelson (Term expires: September 30, 2023)
- Jo Shantz (Term expires: September 30, 2023)
- Kymberlee Morrissey (Term expires: September 30, 2023)
- Joan Poston (Term expires: September 30, 2024)
- Nancy McNally (Term expires: September 30, 2024)
- Sarah Williams (Term expires: September 30, 2023)