Community Services Advisory Board
To make recommendations to the Jefferson County Board of Commissioners regarding matters related to human services for low and moderate income residents; to recommend to the commissioners recipients for federal funds made available to Jefferson and Park counties from the Community Services Block Grant and similar grants; and to serve as liaison for the Board of County Commissioners and the Human Services Department to the communities of Jefferson and Park counties on issues related to human services.
- Review training documents to learn about the Community Services Block Grant and the grant process.
- Attend additional training sessions as needed to learn more about human services issues.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Attend additional meetings during grant selection process. Be prepared for each meeting by reading board packet prior to board meeting.
- Bring board packet to each meeting.
- Notify Community Development staff in advance if you will be absent, will be late, or need to leave early for any board meeting.
- Be on time for each board meeting.
- Plan to attend entire meeting.
- Review applications for federal funds and recommend to the county commissioners recipients for the funds.
- Participate at meetings by serving on ad hoc committees, working on special projects.
- Assist in the development of strategic plans to address human services needs for low and moderate income people within the county.
Meetings are held on the third Tuesday monthly from 3:00 - 4:30 p.m. at the Laramie Building located on 3500 Illinois Street in Golden.
The Community Services Advisory Board consists of a minimum of nine members, who serve two-year terms, maximum three terms. One member must represents Park County.
Board members must represent different segments of the community, of which one-third of the members represent low-income individuals and families.
- Andrea Brun (Term expires: September 30, 2021)
- George T. Kowach (Term expires: September 30, 2020)
- Ian Maphet (Term expires: September 30, 2021)
- Jason Firestone (Term expires: September 30, 2021)
- Jo Schantz (Term expires: September 30, 2020)
- Joe Beaver (Term expires: September 30, 2021)
- Lisa Smith (Term expires September 30, 2021)
- Mary Kaes (Term expires: September 30, 2020)
- Mary Taylor (Term expires: September 30, 2021)
- Robert Pries (Term expires: September 30, 2021)
- Vicki Pyne (Term expires: September 30, 2021)