Board of Adjustment
In quasi-judicial hearings, determine requests for variances and special exceptions from the provisions set forth in the Zoning Resolution and consider appeals of decisions or requirements made by a county official or agency made in enforcement of the Zoning Resolution.
The duties of the Board of Adjustment is to consider granting variances in cases where a property owner cannot meet the standards in his or her current zone district; to consider granting special exceptions for temporary activities and to consider appeals of the decisions, determinations and interpretations made by a county official or agency made in enforcement of the Zoning Resolution.
Meetings are held the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Jefferson County Courts and Administration building.
Meetings are now being held as hybrid meetings. You may watch and participate in person, online, or by phone. If you are worried about your ability to participate or need extra guidance, please reach out to the case manager listed on the agenda for assistance.
- Pre-Meeting: 8:30 a.m. – Faye Griffin Conference Room
- Public Hearing: 9:00 a.m. – Hearing Room 1
See the Planning and Zoning Virtual Meeting page for more information and the link for the hybrid meetings.
Board of Adjustment consists of:
- Five (5) members appointed for three-year terms;
- Two (2) associate members appointed for one-year terms; and,
- By statute, no more than half of the members may be of the Planning Commission.
Members should have experience in land use, building codes, real estate and general community affairs. Knowledge of general parliamentary procedures is helpful.
- Elizabeth Blumer (Term expires: September 30, 2023)
- Edward D. Ford (Term expires: September 30, 2022)
- Joseph Jehn (Term expires: September 30, 2022)
- Kiplund Kolkmeier (Term expires: September 30, 2024)
- James Powers (Term expires: September 28, 2022)
- Greg Romberg (Term expires: September 28, 2022)
- Paul Warbington (Term expires: September 30, 2024)