Board of Adjustment
In quasi-judicial hearings, determine requests for variances and special exceptions from the provisions set forth in the Zoning Resolution and consider appeals of decisions or requirements made by a county official or agency made in enforcement of the Zoning Resolution.
The duties of the Board of Adjustment is to consider granting variances in cases where a property owner cannot meet the standards in his or her current zone district; to consider granting special exceptions for temporary activities and to consider appeals of the decisions, determinations and interpretations made by a county official or agency made in enforcement of the Zoning Resolution.
Please see the Planning and Zoning Virtual Meeting page for more information and the link for the virtual meetings.
Meetings are held the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Jefferson County Courts and Administration building.
- Pre-Meeting: 8:30 a.m. – Room 1568
- Public Hearing: 9 a.m. – Hearing Room 1
Board of Adjustment consists of:
- Five (5) members appointed for three-year terms;
- Two (2) associate members appointed for one-year terms; and,
- By statute, no more than half of the members may be of the Planning Commission.
Members should have experience in land use, building codes, real estate and general community affairs. Knowledge of general parliamentary procedures is helpful.
- David Wray (Term expires: September 30, 2021)
- Edward D. Ford (Term expires: September 30, 2022)
- Elizabeth Blumer (Term expires: September 30, 2023)
- Joseph Jehn (Term expires: September 30, 2022)
- Michael Hult (Term expires: September 30, 2023)
- Paul Warbington (Term expires: September 30, 2021)
- Kiplund Kolkmeier (Term expires: September 30, 2023)