- Enterprise Pages
- Your County
- Open Jeffco
- Financial Transparency Portal
Financial Transparency Portal
Jefferson County is committed to financial transparency. In this spirit, the county has provided the Jefferson County Financial Transparency Portal to give you, the county’s stakeholders, a transparent view of how your funds are invested in the delivery of outstanding public programs and services. The Jeffco Financial Transparency Portal provides a one-stop shop for your financial data needs and includes comprehensive data visualization and analysis functionality.
The Jeffco Financial Transparency Portal provides employees and residents alike with the ability to see the county’s current budget and two prior years of revenues and expenditures. To learn how to use the tool, review the "How-To Guide" page by clicking through the "Pages" arrows near the bottom of the portal, right-clicking on any section of the portal for additional options, or clicking on the "Power BI" link at the bottom of the page.
Access the Jefferson County Financial Transparency Portal
Tips on Using the County’s Financial Transparency Portal
The Jefferson County Financial Transparency Portal allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface. The main view includes summary charts, a legend, and various controls to view expenses and revenues by department(s), category, fund, grant, project, or program.
- You'll notice the title of the chart or graph you are viewing on top along with the account type selector. You can filter to see the data that is of most interest to you.
- To focus on specific data — like a fund, department, expense type, or any combination — use the drop-down filters, slicer buttons, or right-click to drill-in or drill-through. These selectors allow you to specify exactly what breakdown you want the graph or table to represent. When you select a filter, the data updates for that parameter. Clicking on a filter again allows you to turn on or turn off selected filters for that category — funds, departments, expenditure type, etc.
- Keep in mind that some departments or expenditures only receive funding from specific funds. If the department or expenditure is not funded from a particular fund, it will be grayed out.
- There are various different types of visual representations of the data: a tree map graph, a bar graph, a line graph, a pie chart, and a table. You can change your view at any time by simply selecting the different type of representation. The data will automatically convert. These functions are on the top right.
- You can also download the data into a PowerPoint, CSV spreadsheet, or a PDF file.
- You can share the data, in any view, on a social network or by email.
Jefferson County’s main fund is the General Fund. The General Fund includes the Assessor, Clerk and Recorder, County Attorney, County Manager, Development and Transportation, District Attorney, Finance and IT, Human Services, Parks, Public Trustee, Sheriff, and Treasurer. Some expenditures or revenues do not track year-to-year.
For example, there may be a one-time expenditure for a specific item or project in any given year that the county no longer uses. These expenditure categories will only be visible for the years they were used. After that, they will be zeroed out.
All information within the Jefferson County Financial Transparency Portal begins with the year 2021.