Trail Stewardship Team
2019 applications have closed. See you next year!
Get paid to work outside, make new friends, learn new skills, and make a difference in your parks!
The Trails Stewardship Team (TST) of Jeffco Open Space is a fun program that employs youth for trail maintenance and natural resource restoration of parks. TST promotes a positive work and stewardship ethic among team members while helping to maintain and improve natural surface trails, mitigate noxious weeds, and restore natural areas. TST employs 80 youth each summer, placed into crews of eight to 10 team members, supervised by adult Crew Leaders. Join over 3,000 TST alumni for a program that has been happening since 1975!
Participants will work Tuesday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from June 11 through July 25. Wage for 2019 is $11.10/hr.
- Jefferson County resident
- Age 14 through 18 on June 4, 2019
- Available to work from June 11 to July 25, 2019, Tuesday through Thursday, with no more than two absences
- Able to legally work in the United States
- Be able to provide and carry all personal gear, as well as tools and equipment, to and from the job sites
- Be on time at Jeffco Open Space headquarters, with equipment and in uniform each workday
- No more than two excused absences, no exceptions
- Able to hike two to five miles every day in extreme weather
- Safely use hand tools to move heavy rocks, branches, and dirt
- Be able to stoop, bend, push, pull, lift and perform all manners of motion related to outdoor labor
- Attend two-week training May 28 - June 6, 2019
- Work from 7:30 a.m - 5:00 p.m.
- Transport crews in county vehicles
(valid drivers license required)
- CDL bus driver position available
Take a Class on Interviewing Tips for Teens Applying for Summer Jobs!
Join us from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. on either Tuesday, April 16th or Tuesday, April 23rd for a FREE workshop.
Nervous to talk about yourself? Hate the thought of answering a bunch of questions? Worried that you won’t have the right answers? This short class will provide tips to be successful in your next interview while discovering what answers employers are really looking for.