The mission of the Support Services Division is to provide quality service to the community and the organization through a commitment to innovation, technical excellence, staff development, professionalism, and leadership.
About the Division
The Support Services division houses the Training, Recruiting, Emergency Management, and Judicial Services sections.
- The Training Unit provides training academies for all new recruits and manages all in-service training for sworn and civilian personnel.
- The Office of Emergency Management is responsible for stewarding the county's resilience in all-hazard emergencies by the way of education, protections, mitigation, response, and recovery.
- The Judicial Services section houses the Court Security and Civil Units.
- Court Security deputies ensure the security of the county government center.
- The Civil Unit is responsible for service and execution of civil processes in Jefferson County, as directed by the courts.
- The Recruiting Unit is responsible for the application and testing processes for all sworn and civilian positions at the Sheriff's Office. The Recruiting Unit also houses the following functions:
- Peer Support, a program developed to assist employees during times of personal and professional crisis.
- Volunteer Services, which enlists the help of members from the community who supplement the delivery of services while enhancing the relationship of the Sheriff's Office with the community.
- Honor Guard, which is comprised of deputies who represent the Sheriff's Office at events including academy graduations, awards ceremonies, community events, parades, and funerals of Jefferson County employees.