The Elevation Certificate (FEMA) is an important administrative tool of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). It is to be used to provide elevation information necessary to ensure compliance with community floodplain management ordinances, to determine the proper insurance premium rate, and to support a request for a Letter of Map Amendment or Revision (LOMA or LOMR-F).
Required to Property Rate Post-FIRM Buildings
The Elevation Certificate is required in order to properly rate post-FIRM buildings, which are buildings constructed after publication of the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM), for many flood insurance Zones, including AE and A (with BFE). The Elevation Certificate is not required for pre-FIRM buildings unless the building is being rated under the optional post-FIRM flood insurance rules.
As part of the agreement for making flood insurance available in Jefferson County, the NFIP requires the county to adopt a floodplain management regulations that specifies minimum requirements for reducing flood losses. One such requirement is for Jefferson County to obtain the elevation of the lowest floor (including basement) of all new and substantially improved buildings and maintain a record of such information. The Elevation Certificate provides a way for Jefferson County to comply with this requirement.
Jefferson County Planning and Zoning maintains copies of Elevation Certificates. Copies of Elevation Certificates can be found below.
Mile High Flood District (MHFD) Official Notice Brochure
The MHFD Official Notice Brochure contains information on 100-year floodplains in specific areas of Jefferson County. Its purpose is to inform citizens of this flood hazard, and to suggest mitigating actions.
- 12283 W Arlington Avenue (PDF)
- 12760 W Dakota Avenue (PDF)
- 12782 W 75th Place (PDF)
- 13082 W 75th (PDF)
- 13660 W 78th Avenue (PDF)
- 15153 S Elk Creek Road (PDF)
- 15163 W 55th Drive (PDF)
- 17190 Mount Vernon Road, Space 105 (PDF)
- 17190 Mount Vernon Road, Space 45 (PDF)
- 17190 Mount Vernon Road, Space 48 (PDF)
- 17190 Mount Vernon Road, Space 74 (PDF)
- 17190 Mount Vernon Road, Space 98 (PDF)
- 24675 County Road 126 (PDF)
- 26237 Conifer Road (PDF)
- 27250 Highway 74 (PDF)
- 27350 Highway 74 (PDF)
- 29658 Aspen Lane (PDF)
- 30393 Upper Bear Creek Road (PDF)
- 3074 High Road (PDF)
- 3074 High Road asset icon 34403 Upper Bear Creek Road (PDF)
- 34403 Upper Bear Creek Road 2 (PDF)
- 6081 W Weaver Drive (PDF)
- 7550 Alkire Street (PDF)
- 7600 Alkire Street (PDF)
- 7828 S Flower Street (PDF)
- 7956 Brook Forest Road (PDF)
- 855 Orion Street (PDF)
- 970 Orion Street (PDF)