Apply for Services
How to Apply
There are several ways to apply for child support services through Jefferson County:
Apply online for child support services. The Colorado Child Support Services (CSS) Program has launched a streamlined application that's available 24/7 - apply online anywhere, any time.
- Child Support Services Application
- Affidavit of Custodian as to Minor Child(ren)
- Direct Pay Affidavit
- Nondisclosure of Personal Information
- Review and Adjustment Request
About the Child Support Services Program:
CSS oversees the state’s child support system. Individual child support orders are managed by Colorado’s county child support offices. You can find many helpful services on the CSS website including:
- Applying for child support services
- How to create an online account to view specific information on your child support case
- How and when to request changes to a child support order
- Different ways to make and receive child support payments
- Frequently asked questions about child support in Colorado
If you don’t have a computer, you may access the online application at a computer kiosk located in our lobby or you can request one from our receptionist.
Call our Customer Service Center at 303-271-4300 to request that an application be mailed to you. Then complete the application and mail it in or deliver it to our office in person.
Additional Required Documents
In addition to your completed application, you must provide a copy of each applicable document:
- Current Medical Insurance Information for Child(ren)
- Each child’s birth certificate
- Existing child support order, divorce decree, separation agreement, parenting plan, or any other order that applies to your situation
- A photograph of the other parent, if available
- Social Security Cards for both you and the child, if available
- Your photo ID
Additional documents may be required as needed from your specialist. We will contact you if additional information is needed. Notary services and a copy machine are available at no cost in our office for your convenience.
A $20 non-refundable application fee must be paid to complete the application process. Make a check or money order payable to Jefferson County Department of Human Services. If you have applied for or are receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP/Daycare Assistance), this fee is not required.
You will receive notice by mail when your application, supporting documents and fee have been received and your case has been initiated.
Cases in Other States
If you live in another state, you can contact the nearest child support office in your state and complete their application. The other state can establish and enforce an order there or will involve a Colorado county directly if needed.
Review & Adjustment of Existing Child Support Order
If you have an open Child Support Services case, and you believe the ordered amount should be increased or decreased, you can request a review of your existing child support order by submitting a modification packet to our office. You may access the packet on the State Child Support Services Portal. Contact your specialist for additional information or required documents by calling 303-271-4300.