General Assistance provides emergency financial help to eligible, low-income Colorado residents. General Assistance is available to families and individuals not currently receiving benefits through cash assistance programs and is intended for emergencies only. General Assistance can be used to assist with the cost of rent, transportation, prescriptions, utility bills and burials/cremations. General Assistance can only be received once in each 12 month period.
To be eligible for General Assistance you must:
- Be a Jefferson County resident for at least one month.
- Have applied for benefits through all other applicable programs.
- Not be receiving benefits through cash assistance programs including OAP, AND, TANF, or AF.
- Have no sanctions or unpaid recoveries
- Be elderly, disabled, or have minor children living in your home.
General Assistance is available to all eligible households/individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, religious, or political beliefs.
Complete the General Assistance Application to apply. Please be sure to open this form in Chrome or Edge before proceeding. Otherwise, you will not be able to sign at the end.
If you prefer to complete a paper application, you can download the application, complete, and mail it to Jefferson County Human Services, 900 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80401.
Jefferson County community members economically impacted by COVID-19 and needing short-term assistance with housing (rent/mortgage), utilities, or vehicle loan payment or insurance can apply for support through Emergency Assistance.