Long Term Care
Long Term Care Medicaid benefits help people who need ongoing medical or social support. Jefferson County Long Term Care offers options for our aging and disabled population. Long-term care Medicaid includes nursing facility care, home and community-based services in which medical providers come into the home to render the necessary services to keep a disabled individual from being institutionalized in a nursing facility or hospital. Our goal is to provide assistance to any adult or disabled child at risk of institutionalization, who would not otherwise be eligible for Medicaid due to parental income and/or resources, get the help they need.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Financial Application
- Single Entry Point Home & Community Based Services Case Management
- Medical Provider Forms
- Contact Us
- The current income limit is $2,523 a month.
- For those individuals who are not hospitalized an income trust can be established if income exceeds $2,523 a month. There are limits for the income trust which are dependent on which county the applicants resides.
- Only individual applicant income is considered in the eligibility determination. An applicant’s spouse’s income is not considered.
- The individual resource limit is $2,000.
- The couple resource limit is $3,000 if both members of a marital couple are applying for long-term care benefits and they are sharing the same room in a nursing facility or if both are going to receive Home and Community Based Services.
- The couple resource limit is $3,000 if both members of a marital couple are applying for long-term care benefits are living in separate rooms in a nursing facility.
- The couple resource limit is $137,400 if one member of the couple is applying for long-term care services and the other spouse is not applying for Medicaid and is not institutionalized.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Case management agencies evaluate applicants of long-term care to determine if their medical or functional condition qualifies them to receive long-term care services. This approval is necessary for eligibility.
- Applicants of long-term care Medicaid must receive long-term care services for 30 consecutive days before eligibility can be approved.
- Applicants of long-term care Medicaid cannot transfer assets for less than fair market value within 5 years of the date of application. If any transfers were made the applicant may be ineligible for long-term care services for a period of time.
If you do not currently have Colorado Medicaid please submit an application:
Application for Public Assistance (PDF)
We will also need the following documents:
- Proof of income and resources (property, vehicles, bank accounts, investments/IRAs, etc)
- Proof of Medicare coverage
- Proof of residence in Jefferson County
- Proof of age
Documents and paper applications can be submitted using the following methods:
- Email LTC
- In Person: Human Services Building, 900 Jefferson County Parkway, Suite 190, Golden, CO 80401.
- By Fax: 303-271-4805
- By Mail: Jefferson County Human Services, Attn: LTC Team, 900 Jefferson County Parkway, Suite 180, Golden, CO
For additional information, please visit the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing's Long Term Care website.
Single Entry Point Home & Community Based Services Case Management
Jefferson County Options for Long-Term Care coordinates a variety of long term services that include medical and non-medical care to people who have a chronic illness or disability. Persons seeking our assistance must be in need of, or at risk of, nursing home placement.
Most long term care assists people with support in their daily living activities such as personal care, home making, adult day care, home modifications and medical services. Long term care may be provided at home, in the community, in assisted living or in nursing homes. It is important to remember that you may need long term care at any age.
Complete the Intake Form to apply.
Medical Provider Forms
The functional needs assessment is used to determine if the client meets the nursing facility, ICF/MR or hospital level of care. As a part of the functional needs assessment, a licensed medical professional shall complete the professional medical form (PDF) to certify the client’s level of functioning and the medical necessity for long term care services.
Human Services Building
900 Jefferson County Parkway
Golden, CO 80401
LTC Financial Eligibility: 303-271-1388
Single Entry Point Home & Community Based Services Intake Line: 303-271-4216
Monday through Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Building closed on Fridays