Due to COVID-19 concerns, Planning & Zoning has canceled the Short Term Rental public outreach meetings previously scheduled for March and April. We will notify you again as information becomes available. Thank you for understanding.
Land Development Regulation Section 1 Regulation Amendments
Planning & Zoning is working on a Regulation Amendment (20-106837AM) pertaining to the Land Development Regulation (LDR). This regulation update includes a change to the Legal Parcel Date and other clarification/minor updates.
The proposed update was sent out on referral on April 9, 2020, with comments due by referral agencies on April 30, 2020. Planning and Zoning received several minor comments from referral agencies and citizens which have been incorporated into the final draft for the hearing process.
Planning Commission: Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 6:15 p.m.
Board of County Commissioners: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.
Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease – 2019), the Board of County Commissioners and Planning Commission meetings will be held virtually via WebEx. You may watch and participate online or by phone. If you are worried about your ability to participate or need extra guidance, please email us here for assistance.
At least one week prior to a scheduled hearing, a link will be posted on the Virtual Hearings page where you can access the virtual hearing.
If you plan on testifying at a hearing, please email us here so we can be sure your voice is heard. If you want to present documents, images or a presentation at a hearing, please email these files to us here prior to the hearing (24 hours at the latest) so we can be sure these documents will be able to be presented.
In order for written comments to be included in the Staff packets that are provided to Boards/Commissions, please submit your comments at least one week prior to the scheduled hearing. Please email us here with comments or questions.
If you are interested in being notified of future regulation updates, please subscribe to "Planning & Zoning Regulation Updates" on the NotifyMe page. Enter your email address. Next to Notify Me - Planning & Zoning Regulation Updates choose one or both of the following:
Choose the envelope icon if you’d like to receive email alerts.
Choose the phone icon if you’d like to receive text alerts.
Previous Changes to the Regulations
- Storm Drainage Design and Technical Criteria Manual July, 17 2018
- Transportation Design and Construction Manual July, 17 2018
- Land Development Regulation July, 17 2018
- Zoning Resolution July, 17 2018
- Zoning Resolution: Sign regulation adopted February 6, 2018
- Zoning Resolution: Section 4 - pertaining to organization, operation and administrative procedures of the Board of Adjustment. Adopted April 4, 2017
- Site Development Plan Regulation update to Zoning Resolution and Land Development Regulation adopted December 13, 2016 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution: Section 5 - Allowing for the keeping of ducks as an Accessory Use. Adopted September 13, 2016
- Zoning Resolution: Section 3 - allowing the Director of Planning and Zoning to permit Administrative Exceptions to provide reasonable accommodations for disabilities. Section 1 - clarifies the public notification requirements for Administrative Exceptions. Added definition of Disability to the Definitions Section. Adopted March 29, 2016
- Zoning Resolution Section 30 (Floodplain Overlay District) to amend date of FEMA’s Flood Insurance Study (FIS) from 2- 5-2014 to 1-20-2016. Adopted December 8, 2015
- Transportation and Ancillary Regulations adopted November 24, 2015 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution Amendment to Sign Regulations adopted by the BCC September 29 2015 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution, Section 7, Telecommunications (to comply with FCC rule changes). Adopted by the BCC 2-3-15 and effective 4-8-15.
- Zoning Resolution: replace the title “Zoning Administrator” with “Director of Planning and Zoning or his/her appointed designee” throughout the document. Adopted 3-3-2015.
- Land Development Regulation, Section 2, Waivers adopted 12-9-2014 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution, Sections 4, 5, 34 and Definitions regarding Accessory Dwelling Units adopted 12-9-2014 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution, Section 35, Drilling and Production of Oil and Gas adopted September 16, 2014 (PDF)
- Changes to Zoning Resolution regarding Marijuana adopted April 15, 2014 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution-Section 20 Mixed Use Zone District was adopted February 11, 2014 with changes to provide additional clarification on how the zone district applies to properties with existing structures.
- Changes to the Zoning Resolution January 14, 2014, related to the Floodplain Overlay District, Section 30. Updated the effective date of FEMA’s Flood Insurance Study (FIS) and Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) from June 17, 2003 to February 5, 2014.
- Land Development Regulation and Zoning Resolution Adopted 9-24-2013 (PDF)
- Land Development Regulation and Zoning Resolution Adopted 8-27-2013 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution adopted May 21, 2013 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution and Land Development Regulation adopted April 30, 2013 (PDF) (related to Water Supply and Wastewater)
- Zoning Resolution adopted March 26, 2013 (PDF) (changes to allow expanded keeping of chickens and bees and to consolidate zone districts)
- On February 26, 2013, the Board of County Commissioners approve new mixed use zone district (Section 21)
- Changes to the Zoning Resolution November 20, 2012 (Section 16: Revisions to the criteria for obtaining an exemption from the Land Disturbance Permit requirements)
- Zoning Resolution Adopted June 12, 2012 (Amended Section 46-Industrial Three Zone district and definitions to allow craft breweries, distilleries, and wineries)
- Zoning Resolution Adopted 11-22-11 (effective January 1, 2012 (PDF))
- Land Development Regulation and Zoning Resolution Adopted 9-27-2011 (PDF)
- Changes to the Zoning Resolution: Definitions August 23, 2011 (Changes include: barn, commercial vehicles, accessory dwellings, additions to single family homes, B&Bs, camps and campgrounds, and Research & Development, and short-term rentals)
- Zoning Resolution Adopted 2-8-2011 (PDF)
- Land Development Regulation and Zoning Resolution Adopted 12-21-2010 (PDF)
- Land Development Regulation and Zoning Resolution Adopted 4-20-2010 (PDF)
- Changes to the Zoning Resolution, Section 11, October 25, 2011 (Amend Signs and Outdoor Advertising Devices and to allow Banner and Sandwich board signs.)