- Development & Transportation
- Planning & Zoning
- Regulations & Plans
- Regulation Updates
Proposed Revisions to the Transportation Design and Construction Manual
Case Number: 22-122945AM
Case Manager: Lindsey Wire
The following summarizes the proposed changes to the Transportation Design and Construction Manual.
- Chapter 3:
- Update Standard Templates to provide additional flexibility for public streets.
- Clarify that within the area of the Vision Clearance triangle, there shall be no fence, wall, landscaping, structure or other obstruction to view more than thirty-six (36) inches in height.
- Update Section 3.7.8 to remove the statement that the appropriate Fire Protection District may approve alternate standards.
- Chapter 5:
- New subsection 188.8.131.52 Median Cover Material and Median Edging Patterned Concrete
- New subsection 184.108.40.206 Detectable Warnings on Concrete Curb Ramps
- New subsection 220.127.116.11 Waterproofing Membranes
- Revision to subsection 18.104.22.168 Signs. Wording changes and subsection is now Signs, Sign Posts, and Anchors.
- Revision to Section 5.2 Construction Standards table. New standard drawings inserted as described below.
- 16 Detectable Warnings on Concrete Curb Ramps
- 17 Waterproofing Membranes
- 18 Median Cover Material Patterned Concrete
- 19 Median Edging Patterned Concrete
- Transportation Studies Appendix:
- Create three types: Trip Generation Memoranda, Transportation Analysis, and Transportation Impact Studies
- Modifications to Standard Templates 1, 2, 3, and 4
The proposed regulation changes with red-marks are below:
- Transportation Design and Construction Manual in PDF Format
- Transportation Design and Construction Manual in Word Format (clicking will download the Word document for viewing)
If you have any questions, please contact us here.
Short-Term Rental Regulation Updates
The first draft of the Short-Term Rental Regulation updates is coming. Check back here for updates!
A Virtual Community Meeting was held to discuss the Short-Term Rental Regulation Updates on June 30, 2022.
The recording of the presentation and community feedback can be viewed on YouTube.
A Short-Term Rental is currently defined in the Jefferson County Zoning Resolution as: a single family detached dwelling or portion thereof that contains not more than 5 bedrooms, that is used for, or advertised and available for use for, accommodations or lodging of guests paying a fee or other compensation, for a period of fewer than 30 consecutive days.
- An overview of current regulations
- A discussion of the aspects of a poorly run Short-Term Rental
- A discussion of the aspects of a well run Short-Term Rental
- Regulations that could be implemented to ensure a well run Short-Term Rental
Do you have additional input on Short-Term Rentals in unincorporated Jeffco? Email us here.
If you are interested in being notified of future regulation updates, please subscribe to "Planning & Zoning Regulation Updates" on the NotifyMe page. Enter your email address. Next to Notify Me - Planning & Zoning Regulation Updates choose one or both of the following:
Choose the envelope icon if you’d like to receive email alerts.
Choose the phone icon if you’d like to receive text alerts.
Previous Changes to the Regulations
- Zoning Resolution Adopted October 4, 2022
- Land Development Regulation Adopted December 6, 2022 (Section 17)
- Zoning Resolution Adopted May 10, 2022 (Sections 2, 19, and 30)
- Zoning Resolution Adopted January 18, 2022
- Zoning Resolution Adopted June 29, 2021
- Zoning Resolution Adopted February 9, 2021
- Zoning Resolution Adopted December 8, 2020
- Land Development Regulation Section 1, Adopted July 28, 2020
- Storm Drainage Design and Technical Criteria Manual July, 17 2018
- Transportation Design and Construction Manual July, 17 2018
- Land Development Regulation July, 17 2018
- Zoning Resolution July, 17 2018
- Zoning Resolution: Sign regulation adopted February 6, 2018
- Zoning Resolution: Section 4 - pertaining to organization, operation and administrative procedures of the Board of Adjustment. Adopted April 4, 2017
- Site Development Plan Regulation update to Zoning Resolution and Land Development Regulation adopted December 13, 2016 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution: Section 5 - Allowing for the keeping of ducks as an Accessory Use. Adopted September 13, 2016
- Zoning Resolution: Section 3 - allowing the Director of Planning and Zoning to permit Administrative Exceptions to provide reasonable accommodations for disabilities. Section 1 - clarifies the public notification requirements for Administrative Exceptions. Added definition of Disability to the Definitions Section. Adopted March 29, 2016
- Zoning Resolution Section 30 (Floodplain Overlay District) to amend date of FEMA’s Flood Insurance Study (FIS) from 2- 5-2014 to 1-20-2016. Adopted December 8, 2015
- Transportation and Ancillary Regulations adopted November 24, 2015 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution Amendment to Sign Regulations adopted by the BCC September 29 2015 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution, Section 7, Telecommunications (to comply with FCC rule changes). Adopted by the BCC 2-3-15 and effective 4-8-15.
- Zoning Resolution: replace the title “Zoning Administrator” with “Director of Planning and Zoning or his/her appointed designee” throughout the document. Adopted 3-3-2015.
- Land Development Regulation, Section 2, Waivers adopted 12-9-2014 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution, Sections 4, 5, 34 and Definitions regarding Accessory Dwelling Units adopted 12-9-2014 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution, Section 35, Drilling and Production of Oil and Gas adopted September 16, 2014 (PDF)
- Changes to Zoning Resolution regarding Marijuana adopted April 15, 2014 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution-Section 20 Mixed Use Zone District was adopted February 11, 2014 with changes to provide additional clarification on how the zone district applies to properties with existing structures.
- Changes to the Zoning Resolution January 14, 2014, related to the Floodplain Overlay District, Section 30. Updated the effective date of FEMA’s Flood Insurance Study (FIS) and Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) from June 17, 2003 to February 5, 2014.
- Land Development Regulation and Zoning Resolution Adopted 9-24-2013 (PDF)
- Land Development Regulation and Zoning Resolution Adopted 8-27-2013 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution adopted May 21, 2013 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution and Land Development Regulation adopted April 30, 2013 (PDF) (related to Water Supply and Wastewater)
- Zoning Resolution adopted March 26, 2013 (PDF) (changes to allow expanded keeping of chickens and bees and to consolidate zone districts)
- On February 26, 2013, the Board of County Commissioners approve new mixed use zone district (Section 21)
- Changes to the Zoning Resolution November 20, 2012 (Section 16: Revisions to the criteria for obtaining an exemption from the Land Disturbance Permit requirements)
- Zoning Resolution Adopted June 12, 2012 (Amended Section 46-Industrial Three Zone district and definitions to allow craft breweries, distilleries, and wineries)
- Zoning Resolution Adopted 11-22-11 (effective January 1, 2012 (PDF))
- Land Development Regulation and Zoning Resolution Adopted 9-27-2011 (PDF)
- Changes to the Zoning Resolution: Definitions August 23, 2011 (Changes include: barn, commercial vehicles, accessory dwellings, additions to single family homes, B&Bs, camps and campgrounds, and Research & Development, and short-term rentals)
- Zoning Resolution Adopted 2-8-2011 (PDF)
- Land Development Regulation and Zoning Resolution Adopted 12-21-2010 (PDF)
- Land Development Regulation and Zoning Resolution Adopted 4-20-2010 (PDF)
- Changes to the Zoning Resolution, Section 11, October 25, 2011 (Amend Signs and Outdoor Advertising Devices and to allow Banner and Sandwich board signs.)