4th Quarter 2019 Regulation Amendments
Planning & Zoning is working on a Regulation Amendment (19-121011AM) pertaining to the Zoning Resolution (ZR), Land Development Regulation (LDR), Transportation Design and Construction Manual (TDCM) and Storm Drainage Design & Technical Criteria (SDDTC). This regulation update is mainly intended to clarify processes and make minor updates to the ZR, LDR, TDCM, and the SDDTC so that they are easier to use and navigate. Some of the proposed amendments that are more substantial in nature include:
- Modifications to the Vacation of Right of Way requirements
- Implementation of the Property Merger reversal
- Modifications to the Pavement Design process
A “Summary of the Proposed 4th Quarter Regulation Updates” outlines all the proposed changes and can be viewed in the folder here: Summary of Updates.
Final Draft and Changes After 1st Referral
Within each LDR, SDDTC, TDCM, and ZR folder linked below there are two folders. One which identifies the changes after the 1st referral and another showing the final draft. View the Final Draft and Changes After 1st Referral Documents.
- Planning Commission: Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 6:15 pm
- Board of County Commissioners: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 8:00 am
Public Testimony will be taken at these Hearings. In order for written comments to be included in the Staff packets that are provided to Boards/Commissions, please submit your comments at least one week prior to the scheduled hearing. Please email your comments or questions to us here.
If you are interested in being notified of future regulation updates, please subscribe to "Planning & Zoning Regulation Updates" on the NotifyMe page. Enter your email address. Next to Notify Me - Planning & Zoning Regulation Updates choose one or both of the following:
Choose the envelope icon if you’d like to receive email alerts.
Choose the phone icon if you’d like to receive text alerts.
Previous Changes to the Regulations
- Storm Drainage Design and Technical Criteria Manual July, 17 2018
- Transportation Design and Construction Manual July, 17 2018
- Land Development Regulation July, 17 2018
- Zoning Resolution July, 17 2018
- Zoning Resolution: Sign regulation adopted February 6, 2018
- Zoning Resolution: Section 4 - pertaining to organization, operation and administrative procedures of the Board of Adjustment. Adopted April 4, 2017
- Site Development Plan Regulation update to Zoning Resolution and Land Development Regulation adopted December 13, 2016 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution: Section 5 - Allowing for the keeping of ducks as an Accessory Use. Adopted September 13, 2016
- Zoning Resolution: Section 3 - allowing the Director of Planning and Zoning to permit Administrative Exceptions to provide reasonable accommodations for disabilities. Section 1 - clarifies the public notification requirements for Administrative Exceptions. Added definition of Disability to the Definitions Section. Adopted March 29, 2016
- Zoning Resolution Section 30 (Floodplain Overlay District) to amend date of FEMA’s Flood Insurance Study (FIS) from 2- 5-2014 to 1-20-2016. Adopted December 8, 2015
- Transportation and Ancillary Regulations adopted November 24, 2015 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution Amendment to Sign Regulations adopted by the BCC September 29 2015 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution, Section 7, Telecommunications (to comply with FCC rule changes). Adopted by the BCC 2-3-15 and effective 4-8-15.
- Zoning Resolution: replace the title “Zoning Administrator” with “Director of Planning and Zoning or his/her appointed designee” throughout the document. Adopted 3-3-2015.
- Land Development Regulation, Section 2, Waivers adopted 12-9-2014 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution, Sections 4, 5, 34 and Definitions regarding Accessory Dwelling Units adopted 12-9-2014 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution, Section 35, Drilling and Production of Oil and Gas adopted September 16, 2014 (PDF)
- Changes to Zoning Resolution regarding Marijuana adopted April 15, 2014 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution-Section 20 Mixed Use Zone District was adopted February 11, 2014 with changes to provide additional clarification on how the zone district applies to properties with existing structures.
- Changes to the Zoning Resolution January 14, 2014, related to the Floodplain Overlay District, Section 30. Updated the effective date of FEMA’s Flood Insurance Study (FIS) and Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) from June 17, 2003 to February 5, 2014.
- Land Development Regulation and Zoning Resolution Adopted 9-24-2013 (PDF)
- Land Development Regulation and Zoning Resolution Adopted 8-27-2013 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution adopted May 21, 2013 (PDF)
- Zoning Resolution and Land Development Regulation adopted April 30, 2013 (PDF) (related to Water Supply and Wastewater)
- Zoning Resolution adopted March 26, 2013 (PDF) (changes to allow expanded keeping of chickens and bees and to consolidate zone districts)
- On February 26, 2013, the Board of County Commissioners approve new mixed use zone district (Section 21)
- Changes to the Zoning Resolution November 20, 2012 (Section 16: Revisions to the criteria for obtaining an exemption from the Land Disturbance Permit requirements)
- Zoning Resolution Adopted June 12, 2012 (Amended Section 46-Industrial Three Zone district and definitions to allow craft breweries, distilleries, and wineries)
- Zoning Resolution Adopted 11-22-11 (effective January 1, 2012 (PDF))
- Land Development Regulation and Zoning Resolution Adopted 9-27-2011 (PDF)
- Changes to the Zoning Resolution: Definitions August 23, 2011 (Changes include: barn, commercial vehicles, accessory dwellings, additions to single family homes, B&Bs, camps and campgrounds, and Research & Development, and short-term rentals)
- Zoning Resolution Adopted 2-8-2011 (PDF)
- Land Development Regulation and Zoning Resolution Adopted 12-21-2010 (PDF)
- Land Development Regulation and Zoning Resolution Adopted 4-20-2010 (PDF)
- Changes to the Zoning Resolution, Section 11, October 25, 2011 (Amend Signs and Outdoor Advertising Devices and to allow Banner and Sandwich board signs.)