Environmental FAQs

Please note: Not all health-related issues or problems are regulated by Jefferson County Public Health. The following are examples of situations where the department does not have regulatory or statutory authority to require compliance: housing issues, including mold and bed bugs; swimming pools; worker safety or worksite conditions; and trash. 

Dead Animals

Dead birds should be referred to the Colorado Help Line at 1-877-462-2911. Road kill and smaller animals should be referred to your local animal control agency. Large animals, such as coyotes, bears, deer and elk, should be referred to the Colorado Division of Wildlife at 303-291-7277.

  1. Food Safety
  2. Land Use Planning
  3. OWTS
  4. Use Permits
  5. Temporary Food Vendors