- Mailing a personal check, Cashiers Check or Money Order by U.S. mail in the return envelope that was provided with your statement. The Denver address is correct; this is the Treasurers bank lock box direct mailing address to process payments for current year taxes. Please provide your PIN (Property Identification Number) on the check.
- Mailing a personal check, Cashiers Check or Money Order by U.S. mail or overnight service to (please provide your PIN a/k/a Property Identification Number on the check):
Jefferson County Treasurer
100 Jefferson County Pkwy, Ste 2520
Golden CO 80419-2520
- Pay now on the Treasurers Property Search and Payment Portal. If paying from a bank account no additional fees will apply, if paying with a debit or credit card, vendor and/or credit card fees will be applicable.
- Calling the Treasurer’s toll-free automated payment system at 866-898-2919. If paying from a bank account no additional fees will apply, if paying with a debit or credit card, vendor and/or credit card fees will be applicable.
- If you live outside the US, Official Payments is another online option available to pay via credit or debit card (a vendor or credit card fee will apply). See instructions for using Official Payment (PDF).
- Dropping off payments, we have two drop-box locations. One in the atrium of the Jeffco Courts and Administration Building, the second one is for drive-up only and it located just north of the main parking lots, it is next to the voting ballot box; a PIN or property address needs to be provided with the check – please do not drop off cash at these locations. The drive-up drop-box is closed from September to January. It will be reopened once the property tax statements are mailed out.
- Making payments by wire transfer, please contact our office to obtain Electronic Transfer Instructions by calling 303-271-8330, or email Jefferson County Treasurer
- In person by personal check, cashiers check or money order; no appointment is necessary.
On June 1, 2020 we transitioned to a four-day workweek. Our hours are Monday - Thursday 7:30 to 5:00, closed on Fridays.
- If a payment is being made as a draw from your checking or savings account, it can be rejected by your financial institution even after the payment process is completed via our online portal or by phone. Please monitor your account several days after payment is scheduled to ensure that the funds are withdrawn.
- No third party checks
- No checks accepted from banks outside of the United States
- No checks with restrictive waivers or endorsements
- A $20 fee will be added for returned and insufficient fund checks
- Post dated checks will be processed when received