- Mailing a personal check, Cashiers Check or Money Order by U.S. mail in the return envelope that was provided with your statement. The Denver address is correct; this is the Treasurers bank lock box direct mailing address to process payments for current year taxes. Please provide your PIN (Property Identification Number) on the check.
- Mailing a personal check, Cashiers Check or Money Order by U.S. mail or overnight service to (please provide your PIN a/k/a Property Identification Number on the check):
Jefferson County Treasurer
100 Jefferson County Pkwy, Ste 2520
Golden CO 80419-2520
- Online payments can be made via the Treasurer Property Records Search Application. If paying from a bank account no additional fees will apply, if paying with a debit or credit card, vendor and/or credit card fees will be applicable.
- Calling the Treasurer’s toll-free automated payment system at 866-898-2919. If paying from a bank account no additional fees will apply, if paying with a debit or credit card, vendor and/or credit card fees will be applicable.
- If you live outside the US, Official Payments is another online option available to pay via credit or debit card (a vendor or credit card fee will apply). See Instructions for using Official Payments
- Dropping off payments at the drop-box located in the atrium of the Jeffco Courts and Administration Building – please do not drop off cash at this location.
- Making payments by wire transfer, please contact our office to obtain Electronic Transfer Instructions by calling (303) 271-8330, or email us [email protected]
- In person by personal check, cashiers check or money order - no appointment is necessary. 100 Jefferson County Parkway, Ste. 2520, Golden (second floor on the admin side).
On June 1, 2020 we transitioned to a four-day workweek. Our hours are Monday - Thursday 7:30 to 5:00, closed on Fridays.
- If a payment is being made as a draw from your checking or savings account, it can be rejected by your financial institution even after the payment process is completed via our online portal or by phone. Please monitor your account several days after payment is scheduled to ensure that the funds are withdrawn.
- No third party checks
- No checks accepted from banks outside of the United States
- No checks with restrictive waivers or endorsements
- A $20 fee will be added for returned and insufficient fund checks
- Post dated checks will be processed when received