Food Service Establishment Inspections
Public Health Environmental Health Specialists perform inspections of more than 2,000 food service establishments within Jefferson County. These inspections protect the public's health by assuring that foods sold and served in Jefferson County are as safe as they can be and that food service establishments comply with state laws and regulations.
Jefferson County Public Health conducts numerous types of inspections, but only routine and follow-up inspections will be displayed within the Retail Food inspection database. Data on this website is updated daily.
Mobile Food Unit Renewal Inspections
If you are renewing your mobile food unit license, please schedule your inspections by clicking here.
- Schedule at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment (appointment times may fill up quickly).
- Appointment days are Tuesdays and Thursdays (excluding government holidays).
- All appointments will be on-site at the Public Health office.
- All units must be fully operational (e.g., hot water for hand sinks, refrigeration 41 degrees Fahrenheit or below, food probe thermometers, example of menu, etc.) you are not required to have food on-site.
Commissary Agreement & License Renewal
Please ensure you have filled out your license renewal information and Retail Food Commissary Agreement, and bring them to your inspection.
For mobile unit re-licensing, commissaries must be located in Jefferson County or Denver County. Under special circumstances, JCPH may approve non-Jeffco, non-Denver commissaries. Please contact our office and ask to discuss this with the Mobile Unit Relicensing Program Lead or the Food Program Manager.
- Complete Authorized Signature, Title and Date boxes located on the lower portion of the application.
- Reference the correct license fee (Amount Owed), located in the lower right corner of the application.
- Bring a check/money order payable to Jefferson County Treasurer.
- Include Colorado Sales Tax Account Number on the check/money order.
- Bring the completed Commissary Agreement and License Renewal Form to your scheduled inspection.
If you have scheduling questions, please call 303-232-6301.