The Jefferson County Public Health (JCPH) Food Protection and Safety Program works to prevent foodborne illness outbreaks and assure that Jefferson County citizens and visitors are provided with safe food. Staff routinely inspects food service operations, such as restaurants, delicatessens, school cafeterias and retail markets to ensure compliance with Colorado Retail Food Establishment Rules and Regulations [PDF].
Businesses & Food Handlers
- Schedule a mobile food unit renewal inspection
- Restaurant inspection records
- CDPHE resources [external link]
- Food Safety Certification [external link]
- Schedule a food handler class
- Food handler class brochure [PDF]
- Spanish food handler class brochure [PDF]
- Food Protection Manager Certification Guidance in English (PDF) [external link], in Spanish (PDF) [external link], in Korean (PDF) [external link], in Simplified Chinese (PDF) [external link], in Traditional Chinese (PDF) [external link]
A temporary event is a single community event or celebration that operates for no more than 14 consecutive days. These events include but are not limited to town celebrations, fairs, festivals and farmer's markets.
Event coordinators who wish to have food vendors may be required to obtain an approved license.
- If your event includes temporary food vendors (typically set up under a tent and do not have a food truck or mobile cart) a Certificate of Approval is required.
- If your event has more than 2 mobile units/food trucks, a Certificate of Approval is required.
- If your event is private (wedding or gala), a Certificate of Approval is not required.
Food vendors that do not have an approved mobile unit license or who are not cottage food vendors must obtain a Temporary Food Service License to operate at temporary events.
- Temporary food vendor licenses must be issued by Jefferson County, no other county’s licenses or permits will be accepted.
- All mobile unit licenses will be accepted, EXCEPT the City and County of Denver’s.
If you're unsure about your licensing needs, please contact us at (303) 232-6301 and ask for a Temporary Food Service (TFS) team member, or email us at [email protected].
- CDPHE's Cottage Foods Act [external link]
- Retail Food Commissary Agreement (PDF)
- Temporary Events Brochure (PDF)
- Temporary Food Event Online Application (Form 3600 - Coordinators)
- Temporary Food Event Vendor Online Application (Form 3610 - Vendors)
- Fight Bac! Partnership for Food Safety Education [external link]
- Food Safety from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) [external link]
- Food Safety from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) [external link]
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service [external link]
- FoodSafety.gov [external link]
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) - Food Defense [external link]
- StateFoodSafety Resources [external link] @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>