In order to serve Jefferson County better, our permitting system got an upgrade! Visit the new site here. Please be patient while we all adjust to this new and improved portal! Review our user guide for helpful tips about how to navigate the new citizen portal. Reach out to our administrative team or your Case Manager with questions or concerns.
NEW: Planning and Zoning only accepts the following permits and applications through our Online Application System (no paper or email submittals):
- Building Permits
- Floodplain Permits
- Land Disturbance Permits (Including Grading Permits, Notice of Intents and Natural Surface Trails)
- Minor Adjustments
- Site Development Plan
All other permit applications can be submitted via email to Planning & Zoning.
How to Use Our Online Application System
- Start by clicking on the "Start Here" button. You will be first taken to our Mandatory Applications Documents page to ensure you have all the documents ready to upload from your computer.
- Once you have all mandatory documents ready to upload, click the green "Apply Now" button and you will be taken to the Jeffco Citizen Portal where you can apply for permits, check the status, pay fees, and more.
- Our Guide to the Citizen Portal will help you learn how to navigate the site and apply for permits.
- If you are having difficulty with the citizen portal, contact Planning & Zoning admins and be sure to include your name, address, email and phone.
Additional Information about the Online Application System
Please be sure that you have all needed documents for the application available in an electronic format, and that each document is a separate file. If you have questions about what documents need to be provided for an application, please contact us.
The payment of the application fee is typically required during the process of submitting an online application, however, it will be required prior to the commencement of formal application processing. For these types of cases, after the submitted documents are reviewed, the assigned case manager will send you an invoice with instructions about how to pay the application fees.