Online Applications are not currently available for some permitting processes (Building Permits, Fence Permits, Miscellaneous Permits, etc.). These permit applications must be submitted via email to [email protected].
Jefferson County is accepting Grading Permits (also applies for Notice of Intent and Natural Surface Trails Permits) and Floodplain Permits in addition to Pre-Application submittals through the Online Application system. Starting in January 2019, we will also be accepting Minor Adjustment applications.
Pre-Application Submittal can only be used to evaluate a proposal that would use these processes:
- Special Use
- Telecommunication Special Use
- Preliminary and Final Plat
- Preliminary Plat
- Final Plat
- Rural Cluster
- Site Development
Registration is required to use the on-line application system. If you have made other on-line applications or paid a bill on-line, you are most likely already registered.
Before You Begin
- Take a look at our guides below for an overview of the process. Please be sure that you have all needed documents available in an electronic format, and that each document is a separate file. If the pre-application will include multiple adjoining properties, it is important that all of the properties are clearly documented in the Cover Letter.
- To register, send an email to [email protected] with your name, address, email and phone. You will be set up with access and a temporary password that you can change.
- If you are submitting a Grading Permit, Notice of Intent, Natural Surface Trails or Floodplain Permit, a signed application is required to be uploaded with the online application submittal. You will be prompted to upload this. Please have this ready before you start your online application process.
- The Grading Permit link in the Online Application system also applies to Notice of Intent and Natural Surface Trails Permit applications. Once signed into the application process, you will have the option to select the type of permit you are applying for (Grading, Notice of Intent or Natural Surface Trails)
For help navigating the on-line application process please see these guides.
- How to use the Online Pre-Application Submittal (PDF)
- How to submit Online Grading Permit Applications (PDF)
- How to submit Online Floodplain Permit Applications (PDF)
To apply for an Online Application, start here.