Zoning Complaints

As part of Jefferson County's Online Permit Processing, you can now file a zoning complaint electronically. If you have a concern about your neighbor and whether the activity on his/her property meets zoning regulations please give our new web application a try. This method of recording complaints promises to be more efficient as well a keeping you informed on the process. 

We can only address complaints that are in unincorporated Jefferson County. If you are not sure of the municipal status of the address, try our Address Lookup. Type in a house number then scroll to "Municipal Status", to determine if the address is located in a city or in an unincorporated part of the county.

File a Zoning Complaint

Go to the Complaint Form and follow these steps:

  1. Enter a street number and street name. Please note that the system only has addresses for unincorporated Jefferson County. If the address is within an incorporated area please contact that municipality.
  2. After the property address has been found, under 'Actions' choose 'File complaint for above property (checked or not)'
  3. Under “Permit Details” give the complaint a description and fill out all the form details applicable to the complaint. You will then have the option to supply your name, telephone number, address and an email address. This information will help the Zoning Inspector contact you if they need additional information to identify the property and any alleged violations. Additionally, if you choose to provide your email address, you will be automatically notified with a confirmation email that your complaint was filed and whether the violation could be verified upon inspection. It is the County’s practice to keep information confidential but the County may be required to disclose the identity of complainants as required by Colorado law.
  4. Click the 'Update' button to submit the application form. An automatically generated conformation will be sent to the email address you entered.

If you have questions or experience problems with this web application, please contact us.

Non-Emergency "Noise" Complaints 

For "noise" complaints please call 303-277-0211.

Zoning Enforcement

If you have been issued a Zoning Violation, please review our short guide, The Zoning Violation Process (PDF).

See all our online services on our Online Services page.