Welcome pre and post-adoptive families! This website will provide tools to assist you in your journey to adopt and raise your children. With all of the joys that adoption brings, it is often accompanied by challenges. You are not alone and there are many services and resources to assist you in becoming an adoptive parent, as well meeting your special needs throughout the family journey.
Is Adoption Right for You?
Can you commit to adopting our waiting children who have experienced loss and trauma and offer them a lifetime of unconditional love and support? Families are needed who can handle the challenging parenting situations and commit to being "on duty" all day, every day, to adopt. These families must be able to provide for each child unconditionally and know that even when they do not feel appreciated, they are helping to prevent future cycles of abuse, and giving a child hope.
- Learn more about Jefferson County Kids Waiting for Adoption.
- For more information on adoption options available to you, visit the Colorado Foster Care and Adoption website.
- For information on Jefferson, Arapahoe, and Douglas County's Collaborative Foster/Adoption Program please visit our Collaborative Foster Care website.
Contact Adoption Assistance
Adoption Subsidy Supervisor, Madison Bright
Call 303-271-4045 and ask to speak to an adoption assistance worker or email CYFAP Adoption Assistance.
Tap into our large collection of books giving expertise in raising adopted children. View the Adoption Books (PDF) we have available for you to check out.
Join one of many Adoption Support Groups (PDF) in the local area.
Mental Health Professionals
If you are looking for a therapist in the Denver Metro area please check out this list of Adoption Competent Therapists (PDF) from the Adoption Exchange.
More Adoption Resources
Local, State & National Post-Adoption Resources
- Adams County Community Reach Center - Call the 24 hour line at 303-853-3500, or visit the website.
- Arapahoe/Douglas County Mental Health Network - Call the hotline at 303-730-8858, the Crisis Intervention line at 303-730-3303, or visit the website.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Colorado Coalition of Adoptive Families
- Colorado Department of Human Services - Child Welfare
- Colorado Post-Adoption Resource Center
- Families First Colorado - Call the crisis hotline at 303-695-7996, or visit the website.
- Jefferson Center for Mental Health - Call the 24-hour hotline at 303-425-0300 or 800-201-5264, or visit the website.
- Mental Health Center of Denver - Call the hotline at 303-504-6500, or visit the website.
- North American Council on Adoptable Children
- Raise the Future
Ongoing Adoption Events
Adoption & Foster Care Information Meetings
Information Meetings are open to any interested member of the public to learn more about foster care and adoption. Attendance at an Information Meeting is required before families may begin the pre-service training. Please see the Collaborative Foster Care website for dates, times and registration.