Lender Bids & Bidding
Bidding at the Foreclosure Sale
The Public Trustee schedules sales of properties in foreclosure on Thursdays at 2 p.m. at the Jury Assembly Room on the court side of the Jefferson County Administration and Courts Facility
100 Jefferson County Parkway
Golden, CO 80419
Lenders that intend to sell property at a foreclosure sale must submit a written bid to the Public Trustee no later than 12 noon two (2) business days prior to the scheduled date of sale.
You can determine if a bid has been submitted on a particular property by either of the following methods:
- Select the Foreclosure Property Search and search for the property you are interested in purchasing. You will be able to view the foreclosure records on each property in foreclosure. Click on the Sale Information tab for the holder's initial bid. The bid will be available for viewing by selecting the View Documents link under Property Details.
- Select the Foreclosure Reports on the Pre Sale List to view all the properties going to sale and the opening bid submitted by the lender. This list is uploaded to our website on Tuesday afternoon and updated on Wednesday and Thursday
If a bid has not been submitted, the sale date may be continued.
You can determine the new sale date by either of the following methods:
- Select the Foreclosure Property Search to find the property you are interested in purchasing. Use only one search criteria to get the best search result. The rescheduled sale date will be shown if you select the Basics link under Property Details
- Select the Foreclosure Reports on the Final Sale Continuance List to see all files on which the scheduled sale date has been continued.
The office of the Public Trustee has a written policy regarding the conduct of a foreclosure sale.
You are encouraged to review the sale policy prior to attendance at the sale for information regarding methods of payment, required forms and when those forms are due.
- Sale Policy: Foreclosure Sale Policy (PDF)
- Bid forms and Overbidder Contact Information: Overbidder Contact Information and Bid Form (PDF). You must print this form on legal size paper and print both pages.
We do not post a Post Sale report. If you want to know what a property sold for at auction, you can use the Foreclosure Property Search function to look at each file that went to sale. You can also search the properties that went to sale each week by using the Foreclosure Property Search function using the Sold Date Range Field and entering the sale date into both fields.
The Public Trustee has used all reasonable efforts to ensure that the pages and other information on this website do not contain any inaccurate or out-of-date information; however, we can make no guarantee or warranties about the accuracy or timeliness of the data. If you believe any material contained in this webpage is inaccurate, please call 303-271-8580.