Thank you for visiting the Jefferson County Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response webpage. Our staff is here to serve the public health needs of the community before, during and after an event. Emergency preparedness involves the resources of public health, emergency response teams, law enforcement, community members and our dedicated volunteers.
- Report a community public health emergency at any time by calling 303-232-6301 or 303-239-7156.
- Report a radioactive materials incident at any time to the Colorado Department of Health and Environment at 303-877-9757.
The Colorado Health Emergency Line for the Public, managed by CDPHE and the Rocky Mountain Poison Center, is available to provide consistent up-to-date information to the public on various public health emergency topics. Call the line at 877-462-2911.
JCPH works in close partnership with:
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) [external link]
- Colorado Office of Emergency Preparedness [external link]
- Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
Are you a healthcare facility interested in emergency preparedness and response? Learn how you can participate in the Metro Foothills Healthcare Coalition (MFHCC) Chapter of the North Central Region Healthcare Coalition (NCR HCC) [external link].
Safe Infant Feeding Project
Protecting Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies (IYCF-E) is a necessary part of pediatric disaster planning. To date, we have created a formal plan, trained 30 volunteers for deployment in our region and across the state, and put together 28 family feeding kits and 7 shelter bins for distribution. Visit our Google Folder for materials, kit lists and training information [external link].
Natural Disaster Resources
- Disease Risks and Sewage Facts (PDF)
- Flood Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Floods and Water Quality Facts (PDF)
- Food and Water Safety for Consumers (PDF)
- Food Safety During a Power Outage: Fact Sheet
- Food Service Establishments Disaster Handout (PDF)
- Get Rid of Mold - English and Spanish (PDF)
- How to Disinfect a Water Well (PDF)
- Legionnaires' Disease Fact Sheet
- Managing a Flooded Well (PDF)
- Mold EPA Guide (PDF)
- Relief and Recovery Assistance Guide 2013 (PDF)
Emerging Pathogen Resources
Last updated 4/2023