Filing a Foreclosure
All filings submitted by an attorney or pro se will be proofread for completeness and accuracy in accordance with the referenced statutes.
How to Submit your first legal package:
A deposit of $650 - or the amount of the fee permitted pursuant to 38-37-104(1)(b)(I), whichever is greater - is required.
Triple check errors
If an error is found, the entire package will be rejected for corrections to be made and the entire package must be resubmitted. Please refer to our FAQ section if you have additional questions.
Choose a filing method
Attorneys can submit their package through Government Technology Systems through an upload, integration, or manual entry. Alternatively, the Public Trustee accepts email submissions. Please see below for details on these methods.
When the filing is complete and accurate:
The NED will be recorded
The Notice of Election and Demand (NED) will be recorded within ten (10) business days from the receipt of a correct package.
Attorneys will be notified
The submitter will receive a notice when the filing has been accepted.
Acceptable Methods for Filing
Government Technology Systems
Email submissions to eForclosures email with a subject line that identifies this as a new foreclosure filing and includes the borrower’s name and file number.
A DATADOC must be included in an email submission. A DATADOC is an Excel document with basic information regarding the foreclosure that will integrate into our database.
Please download the DATADOC (xlxs) and fill in the fields and upload it as an attachment in .csv format. Please submit your mailing list via this file as well.
For all other information regarding first legal package submission, please see our Naming Conventions Document (PDF).
- This is my first time submitting a first legal package. Which submission method do you recommend?
- How do I ensure my scanned documents will be approved?
- How should I name my documents for the first legal package?
- How do I pay my deposit fee?
- How will the Public Trustee return electronic documents that are required to be returned?
- How will the Public Trustee return original documents that are required to be returned?
- Do I need a cover letter?
- How do I integrate the DATADOC .csv file with my firm’s first legal package submission method?
- How will I know if I need the additional documents in the Naming Conventions PDF?
- How do I save my images in .TIFF file format?
- Does the NED always need the address of the current owner?