The Re-Roofing Process
All inspection requests are for the "Next Day Only"
Two Inspections Are Required
- A mid-roof (when more than 10%, but less than 25% of the roof is complete).
- A final roof inspection (when the roof is complete).
- We do not accept pictures.
- The building permit card must be posted where it is accessible and visible from the street.
- Access to the roof must be provided to areas taller than one story.
- When requesting an inspection by phone, the request must be made by 5:00 pm one business day prior to the requested inspection date. All requests made using the online system are for the next day only. Please do not use the comment section to put a different date. If you would like to schedule a specific date please contact the office at 303-271-8260 Monday thru Thursday.
- An inspection requests may be made up to 6 a.m. for the same day using the online system.
When the roof has passed the final inspection, a green sticker with the inspector's signature will be affixed to the permit card. This will provide you with a permanent record of the inspections.
- Jeffco Permit Search
Progress of inspections may be followed with this application; search by address, permit number/type or contractor
- Re-Roofing permits online
Apply for these permits online with our online permitting and inspections application
- Permit Fees
See what your fees might be, calculation by valuation
- Construction Advice
Get some tips on selecting a contractor
- Tips on Storm Damage
Tips from Colorado DORA to be wary of unscrupulous contractors
- Colorado Roofing Association
See tips on selecting a roofing contractor from the Colorado Roofing Association