The Jefferson County Building Safety Department has all the information you need to have the roof on your home or business repaired or replaced successfully.
The Re-Roofing Process
When a roofing permit has been issued, the following information is provided to help homeowners and professionals understand the inspection process:
- The building permit card must be posted where it is accessible and visible from the street.
- Access to the roof must be provided to areas taller than one story.
- When requesting an inspection by phone, the request must be made by 5:30 pm at least one business day prior to the requested inspection date. If using the online system, inspection requests may be made up to 6 a.m. the day of the desired inspection.
Two Inspections Are Required:
- A mid-roof (when more than 10%, but less than 25% of the roof is complete).
- A final roof inspection (when the roof is complete).
When the roof has passed the final inspection, a green sticker with the inspector's signature will be affixed to the permit card. This will provide you with a permanent record of the inspections.
- Jeffco Permit Search
Progress of inspections may be followed with this application; search by address, permit number/type or contractor
- Re-Roofing permits online
Apply for these permits online with our online permitting and inspections application
- Permit Fees
See what your fees might be, calculation by valuation
- Construction Advice
Get some tips on selecting a contractor
- Tips on Storm Damage
Tips from Colorado DORA to be wary of unscrupulous contractors
- Colorado Roofing Association
See tips on selecting a roofing contractor from the Colorado Roofing Association