Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
WIC gives you access to free healthy food, nutrition education, breastfeeding support and community referrals. If you’re pregnant, postpartum, breastfeeding or are a caregiver to a child under the age of five, you can get personalized support for you and your family at Jefferson County WIC. Find out if you qualify. Call 303-271-5780 to join Jefferson County WIC today!
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (
- Breastfeeding information and support
- Nutrition education
- Nutritious foods to supplement a regular diet
- Basic health screenings (diet, weight, height and hemoglobin assessments)
- Referrals for health care and other community services
- eWIC electronic benefit transfer cards are available for food benefits instead of paper checks.
- Nutrition Education Choice: appointments are now available in person, online or over the phone for those who qualify
- Mothers' Milk Bank Donation and Outreach Center — our Lakewood WIC Clinic is the first WIC site in Colorado to become a Donation and Outreach Center for the Arvada-based Mothers' Milk Bank. If you are breastfeeding and have an abundance of human milk, please consider becoming a donor. Call the Mothers' Milk Bank at (303) 369-1888 or visit their website to find out how.
- B.E.S.T.-Feeding Club— free breastfeeding moms group located at the Mothers' Milk Bank in Arvada.
All Caregivers are Welcome
We’re not just here for mothers, we’re here for anyone who cares for a child under the age of five, including fathers, grandparents, foster parents, step-parents and guardians. Caregivers with a low to medium income and those who are part of other programs such as foster or kinship care, Medicaid, SNAP or TANF are automatically income eligible.
Jefferson County WIC has three convenient locations to choose from:
Call 303-271-5780 to make an appointment at our Arvada, Wheat Ridge or Lakewood WIC offices. Edgewater WIC has recently moved to its new location at the MCPN/Jeffco Family Health Services complex in Wheat Ridge.