Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
Actualización del 27/09/23: En caso de un posible cierre del gobierno federal el 1 de octubre, el Departamento de Agricultura de los Estados Unidos (USDA) asignará fondos para garantizar que los clientes aún puedan usar sus tarjetas eWIC para comprar alimentos de WIC en octubre.
Colorado WIC continuará monitoreando de cerca la situación y brindará actualizaciones según sea necesario en la página web: www.coloradowic.gov/alerts
9/27/23 update: In the event of a Federal government shutdown on October 1, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) will be allocating funds to ensure that clients can still use their eWIC cards to purchase WIC foods in October.
Colorado WIC will continue to monitor the situation closely and provide updates as needed on their website [external link].
WIC gives you access to free healthy food, nutrition education, breastfeeding support and community referrals [external link]. If you’re pregnant, postpartum, breastfeeding or are a caregiver to a child under the age of five, you can get personalized support for you and your family at Jefferson County WIC. Find out if you qualify [external link]. Call 303-271-5780 to join Jefferson County WIC today!
All clinics are offering in-person appointments at this time.
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (
- Breastfeeding information and support
- Nutrition education
- Nutritious foods to supplement a regular diet
- Basic health screenings (diet, weight, height and hemoglobin assessments)
- Referrals for health care and other community services
- eWIC electronic benefit transfer cards are available for food benefits instead of paper checks [external link].
- Nutrition Education Choice: appointments are now available in person, online or over the phone for those who qualify
- Mothers’ Milk Bank Donation and Outreach Center. Our Lakewood WIC Clinic is the first WIC site in Colorado to become a Donation and Outreach Center for the Arvada-based Mothers’ Milk Bank. If you are breastfeeding and have an abundance of human milk, please consider becoming a donor. Call the Mothers’ Milk Bank at (303) 369-1888 or visit their website to find out how [external link].
- Baby Café (PDF) – free weekly breastfeeding support for new and expecting parents at the Belmar Library in Lakewood.
All Caregivers are Welcome
We’re not just here for mothers, we’re here for anyone who cares for a child under the age of five, including fathers, grandparents, foster parents, step-parents and guardians. Caregivers with a low to medium income and those who are part of other programs such as foster or kinship care, Medicaid, SNAP or TANF are automatically income eligible.
All clinics are offering in-person appointments at this time
Hours of operation vary based on location; please click on the location you plan to visit below for more information.