Inspection requests for building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and
re-roofing may be done online anytime. The Building Safety Division is closed on Fridays beginning June 1, 2020. Phone calls and emails will not be answered on Fridays. Telephone inspection requests are available Monday through Thursday between 7:30 am and 5:00 pm @ 303-271-8260. Requests must be received by 5:00 p.m. the day before your inspection.
As part of online capability, once registered for online permitting you will be able to apply for permits and request or cancel inspections. Online inspection requests made before 6 a.m. will be performed that same workday!
To register call 303-271-8260 - or apply online for a permit or request an inspection.
Contact first and last name
Company Phone Number
Homeowners may sign up as well please include first and last name, address and phone number.
Please Provide the Following When Making Your Request:
- Permit number
- Job address
- Type of inspection needed
- Day you would like the inspection
Inspections Will Not Be Scheduled if:
- A stop-work order has been issued on the property
- A re-inspection fee has not been paid
If any of the following items or documents are required and have not been received by the Building Safety division, a routine inspection will not be scheduled (all items may not be applicable to your permit):
Rough Mechanical Inspection
- All electrical, mechanical and plumbing rough inspections must be signed off.
- Improvement location certificate must be received.
- Special inspection letter from the engineer must be received.
Final Building Inspection
- Insulation certificate must be received
- Foundation compliance form (PDF) must be received
- Special inspection letter from the engineer must be received
- Any fire alarm or sprinkler inspection letters must be received
- Floodplain documentation must be received
After the final building inspection is complete, items needed from Planning and Zoning and the Public Health Department may delay the issuance of a certificate of occupancy.