Breast and Cervical Cancer Screenings
Early detection is the best defense against breast and cervical cancer.
During an annual visit, your health care provider will ask you a variety of questions to assess your family and personal medical history, and discuss the screenings most appropriate for you. Your provider can help provide you with the information to make an informed decision on when to begin mammograms, and how frequently you need cervical cancer screenings. Depending on your age, you may receive a Pap test and/or HPV test.
Our clinic also participates in the the Women’s Wellness Connection Care Coordination Grant Program (CCGP). This program provides patient navigation and case management to eligible women for breast and cervical cancer screenings.
- To qualify, a woman must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Between the ages of 21-64 years of age; (women 21-39 years old are only eligible for cervical services)
- Have a family income at or below 250% of federal poverty level (~$40,000 for a household of 2)
- Lawfully present in the US
- Have insurance or Medicaid, or be eligible for insurance.
Under this program, we can assist you with the following services:
- Find out if you qualify for Medicaid. If so, our patient navigator can assist you with enrollment.
- Understand your health insurance coverage and benefits related to breast and cervical cancer screenings and care.
- Schedule appointments for mammograms.
- Schedule appointments for follow-up care.
- Help you to find a treatment provider if you’ve been diagnosed with cancer.
- Help you stay healthy by connecting you to services that can help you quit smoking, eat healthier and stay active.