There are more than a dozen testing sites for HIV and STDs located in community and commercial venues throughout the Denver Metro area. Regardless of where you happen to be when you'd like to get tested, there's a convenient location for you. Jefferson County Public Health offers screening, diagnosis and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) at our Lakewood site.
Getting an HIV Test
A certified test-site counselor will go over your risks and answer your questions. The counselor will work with you to develop a plan to reduce or eliminate your risk factors.
- You may choose to have a "rapid test" involving a finger-stick and receive results during the visit; or,
- You may choose a "blood draw" test, in which a small blood sample is taken and sent to the lab for testing. You will need to return within seven to 10 days to receive your results.
- See the HIV Testing Services brochure (PDF) for more information. (Spanish HIV Testing Services brochure (PDF))
Important Test Details
- Tests are only conducted one-on-one, and you can change your mind about testing at any time.
- Results are only given in person.
- The cost of an HIV test is between $0 and $20, based on risk factors of the individual. Please call and ask to speak to a nurse for more information on cost. Individuals requiring testing and official documentation for travel or legal purposes will be charged $20.
When you have a confidential test, you provide your name, address and phone number to the test-site counselor. This information is kept in your file. Any information collected is protected and used to help plan effective prevention efforts.
Note: Confidential testing allows you to have written documentation of your test result if needed.
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 303-239-7078 or contact the clinic.