- Public Health
- Clinic Services
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
JCPH STI Services
Our services are confidential, nonjudgmental and available to all teens and adults.
- Most services are provided on a sliding-fee scale based on your family income.
- While services are offered at a very low cost, there is a $25 minimum fee for STI-only appointments (this does not apply to clients who receive STI testing as part of Family Planning services).
- We bill Medicaid and several private insurances.
Screening, diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
STIs, also known as sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), are infections that you can get if you have sexual contact with a person who is infected. They are spread by vaginal, oral, and anal sex. Some infections can be passed in nonsexual ways such as sharing injection equipment for drugs, tattoos, or piercings, during pregnancy or childbirth with a baby, or contact with towels, bedding, or clothing.
You cannot tell if you or someone else has an STI just by looking or asking if someone has had symptoms. Many STIs do not have symptoms, and the only way to know if you have an STI is to get tested. Symptoms may include:
- skin changes on the genitals, anus, or mouth (sores, bumps, warts, blisters)
- genital itching
- painful or increased urination
- unusual smell or discharge from the genitals
- vaginal bleeding other than a period
- pain with sex
STI testing and screening is based on a client’s medical history, symptoms, and sexual behaviors. Testing may include:
- Hepatitis C
For more information about these services, please call 303-239-7078 or email JCPH's public health nursing team.
Take Charge. Get Tested at JCPH!
Rates of many sexually-transmitted infections, including HIV and Hepatitis C (HCV), are on the rise in Colorado. The best way you can protect yourself and your loved ones is to know your status. JCPH wants to help as many folks in our community get tested as possible — especially those who are at higher risk for HIV [external link] or HCV [external link].
Points West Clinic
Our Points West and sexual health services teams offer walk-in testing for HIV and Hep C every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at JCPH, 645 Parfet Street in Lakewood. Ask for a Points West team member at the front desk for assistance.
We are providing $10 incentives for HIV testing, and additional incentives may be available for HCV testing.
Points West does not test for anything other than HIV & Hep C.
For more information about individual STIs, click the links below:
- Chlamydia [external link]
- Gonorrhea [external link]
- Syphilis [external link]
- Herpes [external link]
- Human Papilloma Virus/Genital warts [external link]
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) [external link]
- Hepatitis B Virus [external link]
- Hepatitis C Virus [external link]
- Molluscum [external link]
- Trichomoniasis [external link]
- Pubic Lice [external link]
- Scabies [external link]