Term: 2016 - 2020
Email: [email protected]
Libby Szabo is a resident of Arvada and former state legislator. She was elected to her first four-year term in November of 2016.
She currently serves as the chair for the Board of County Commissioners and the Law Enforcement Authority. She also serves on the following boards:
- Child and Youth Leadership Commission
- Colorado Counties, Inc. Legislative Committee
- Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG)
- First Judicial District Court Services Advisory Board
- Jefferson County Economic Development Corporation Board Directors
- Jefferson County Economic Development Corporation Board of Governors
- Rocky Flats Stewardship Council
- Urban Drainage and Flood Control District
Commissioner Szabo is the county's alternate on the Head Start Policy Council, Colorado Clean Water Coalition, Jefferson Parkway Public Highway Authority, the WestConnect Corridor Coalition and Boundary Control Commission.
Prior to becoming county commissioner, Szabo was Assistant Minority Leader of the Colorado House of Representatives. She was the first Latina female to be elected to a House leadership position. She was serving her third term as a state legislator when she was chosen by the Republican Party Vacancy Committee to fill an unexpired county commissioner's term in 2015.
Szabo is a Colorado native. She and her husband of 34 years, Denes, have deep roots in Jefferson County, where Libby grew up. They have four children and have two grandchildren.
The Szabos own a family business that has been in operation for more than 40 years. Commissioner Szabo also has experience in the mortgage lending and financial services industry. She is very active in her community, coaches youth sports, and volunteers at her church.