The Jefferson County Board of Commissioners issues proclamations to recognize the significant contributions of Jeffco organizations, businesses, residents, or events and typically designate a day, week, or month to celebrate.
Notes on Proclamations
- Proclamation requests must be submitted at least 30 days in advance of the special event
- Sample proclamation language must be supplied for all proclamation requests
- All proclamations may be edited at the discretion of the Commissioners or Commissioners' staff
- Proclamations are not automatically renewed. Requests must be made annually.
- Please note that not all requests for proclamations can be accommodated. Proclamations are issued at the Commissioners' discretion.
National Radon Action Month - January
Commissioner Donald Rosier Day - January 9th
School Choice Week – January 21st – 27th
Child Abuse Prevention Month – April
Jefferson County Mental Health 60th Anniversary – April
National Public Health Week – April 2nd – 8th
Crime Victims’ Rights Week – April 8th – 14th
Drug Court Month – May
Mental Health Month – May
Older Americans Month - May
Dr. Harriet Hall Recognition – June 19th
Pam Nissler Recognition – August 28th
Westminster Medical Clinic 65 Year Celebration – September 15th
Domestic Violence Awareness Month – October
Jefferson County Public Health Walk To School Day – October 10th
National Apprenticeship Week – November 12th – 18th
National Adoption Day – November 17th