July 11, 1930
Funicular fire on Lookout Mountain.
Colorado School of Mines' "M" on Mount Zion is lit for the first time.
Turkey Creek flood damages Tiny Town for the second time.
March 19, 1932
Colorado School of Mines emblem, the "M" on Mount Zion, is permanently lit.
Prohibition ends. Coors Brewery operates 24 hours a day in order to meet demand, producing 350 barrels of beer per day.
July 7 & 8, 1933
Bear Creek flood starting at Sawmill Gulch and Mount Vernon Creek near Idledale claims five lives with major destruction of Bear Creek Canyon Road between Idledale and Morrison.
March 4, 1934
Major windstorm hits Golden, tearing the roof off the Everett Block at 12th and Washington and slamming it into the Rubey Block across Washington Avenue.
August 9, 1934
Flood of Bear Creek and Mt. Vernon Creek claims six lives with much property damage near Kittredge.
Fire destroys Tiny Town's Indian pueblo and many of its buildings. The miniature businesses and residences survive the fire.
1935 Through 1939
Ralston Dam built as Depression-era federal works project.
1936 Through 1940
Red Rocks Amphitheater near Morrison built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) under the auspices of the Works Progress Administration (WPA) and Denver Mountain Parks.
Coors' classic slogan "Brewed with pure Rocky Mountain spring water," adopted by the company.
March 27, 1937
Denver Fire Clay Mine north of Golden caves in, trapping three miners while one escapes. After 18 hours all miners are rescued uninjured.
Federal Correctional Institute establishes federal prison farm south of Green Mountain.
August 15, 1938
Jefferson County Pioneer Museum established by Jefferson County Commissioners with aid of Works Progress Administration. Operates today as the Golden History Center.
September 2 & 3, 1938
Bear Creek flood kills six people in Bear Creek Canyon between Morrison and Kittredge, with $450,000 in damage through Morrison.