Ditch Plats Book 1 to 2, 1904 to 1906 & 1955
Series 177 (One bound volume)
Photostat copies of maps and statements of claim to water rights for ditches, reservoirs, and water supply sources located in Irrigation Division Number. 1, South Platte River Basin, and recorded in the Jefferson County Clerk and Recorder’s Office. Includes Water Districts:
- 2 (South Platte: Denver Gage to Greeley)
- 6 (Boulder Creek)
- 7 (Clear Creek)
- 8 (South Platte Cheesman to Denver Gage)
- 9 (Bear Creek)
- 23 (Upper South Platte)
Chronological by date recorded with the County, all in 1904 to 1906 with the exception of one plat dated 1955. View Finding Aid (PDF) for complete inventory.
Incorporation Records, 1862 to 1969
Series Number 168 (16 Boxes)
This collection contains filings regarding incorporation of companies seeking to do business within Jefferson County. The majority of these are articles of incorporation, amendments to articles of incorporation, notice of paid stock, annual financial reports, and updates on company status. These records show who the officers and directors of a company were and their places of residence, the type of business, where it operated, and other information.
The collection includes incorporation records for various types of companies and organizations including ditch companies, railroads, wagon road companies, churches, banks, insurance companies, water companies, cemetery associations, fraternal organizations, granges, and many others. Also included are municipal incorporation records for Golden, Edgewater, Arvada, Lakeside, Morrison, and Mountain View. View the Finding Aid (PDF) for complete inventory.
Unprocessed Water Records, 1864 to 1928
Unprocessed archival collections have not been nicely re-foldered, re-boxed, or labeled, may not be arranged in any discernible order, and do not have finding aids written for them. They are, however, available to researchers unless in rare instances access restrictions have been placed upon them or redaction of sensitive information is required. Information on this page may change frequently. Titles of actual records may differ slightly and date ranges may be approximate. Advance notice is required to view records.
Please contact Archivist for details regarding specific record series.
- Citizen Water Company (Petition for Right of Way), 1889
- Denver Union Water Company (Bond), 1901
- Denver Union Water Company (Petitions, Affidavits, etc. regarding refund of taxes), 1895
- Golden City and Arapahoe Ditch Company Minutes and Accounts, 1876-1879
- Golden-Littleton Irrigation District Files, 1908-1915
(Notice of Election for Organization of District, Results of Elections, Petitions For, Petitions for Exclusion from, Affidavits / Proof of Publication, Bonds and Oaths of Directors, BCC Meeting Minutes, Dissolution)
- North Denver Municipal Irrigation District: Certificates of Assessment, Levy and Resolution (Adams and Jefferson Counties), 1928
- Petition and Permit for Ditch Right of Way (John S. Stephens), 1923
- Specifications for Covering to Water Works Reservoir, 1879
- Statements (Use of Ditch Water), 1886-1888
- Wagner Lateral Ditch Company (Agreement), 1909
- Water Claims, 1864
- Water Rate Cases, 1897-1913
Water Board Base Maps, 1962 to 1967
Series Number 137 (One volume)
Denver Municipal Water Works (Denver Water) plat maps showing locations of water mains, open and closed valves, fire hydrants, rights-of-way, and boundaries in unincorporated Jefferson County parcels.
Water Related Maps, Plats & Drawings, 1892 to 1935
- Dry Creek Valley Ditch, Great Western Outlet Ditch, Broomfield (Hand-drawn plat), undated (Unprocessed)
- Farmers Reservoir and Irrigation Company Canal and Reservoir System (Map), 1914, Rev. 1935 (Unprocessed)
- Harriman Ditch Plat, 1892 (Series 146)
- Ditch laterals and reservoirs and their outlets. Scale: 1 inch = 1,000 feet
- Mountain Meadow Pipeline, 1928 (Series 146)
- Map of a gravity-fed water system for old lodge near Kittredge installed in the 1920s. Blueprint and tracing. Scale: 1 inch = 30 feet
- South Platte Canal and Reservoir Company Map of Canal and Pipelines, 1894 (Unprocessed)
- South Platte Dam (Plat), 1899 (Unprocessed)
- South Platte Dam Details (Drawing), undated (Unprocessed)
- South Platte River Basin, Colorado, 1930 (Series 146)
- Standley Reservoir, Farmers Reservoir and Irrigation Company (Plat), undated (Unprocessed)