- District 25 record Book (Lorraine-Mandalay)
- Morrison School Records
- School Census Lists
- Secretary's Book, School District 2, Vasquez Township
- Superintendent of Schools Daily Record
- Unprocessed Records
District Record Book, School District No. 25, Lorraine-Mandalay, 1880-1924
Series 192 (1 Envelope)
District secretary's record book for School District Number 25, Lorraine-Mandalay. Contains "Record of District Meetings," dated May 1880 to May 1916, and "Proceedings of the District Board," dated June 1915 to May 1925.
Photocopy only. Location of original unknown, donor unknown.
Also contains copy of letter dated 1956 from Katherine E. Church, Church Ranch, on the history of the Mandalay School built on land donated by the Church family.
Morrison School Records, District No. 22, 1874-1950
Series 178 (8 Boxes)
The Morrison School records include documents created by the school as part of their activities as an educational institution serving the Morrison community and surrounding area. Records include teacher’s registers, school census records, school reports, correspondence, photographs and various school documents. Also included are documents pertaining to the legal and financial aspects of running a school, such as State of Colorado publications, district secretary’s record books, financial records and county treasurer’s reports. Additionally, some personal correspondence and ephemera of the Rooney family are part of the collection. View Finding Aid (PDF) for complete inventory.
Federal law regarding personal census information about an individual requires that such information not be released until 72 years after it was collected. Therefore, later years of census lists may not yet be available for research.
School Census Lists, 1894-1949
Series 167 (5 Boxes)
School census lists for District 1 (Golden) 1894-1949. Some years missing: 1895-1896, 1904-1906, 1907-1909, 1911-1913, 1921-1931, 1933-1935, 1937-1938. District 18 (Pine/Estabrook) encompasses school years 1936-1947. District 23 (Lothrop) encompasses 1927-1949. The only census list available for District 48 is for school year 1945-1946.
School census lists record child's name, place of birth, date of birth, school grade last attended, nativity of parents and residence with the exception of District 1 census lists for the years 1895-1919, which only record name, age and residence.
Golden District indexed by Foothills Genealogical Society.
Select Finding Aid (PDF) for complete inventory.
Federal law regarding personal census information about an individual requires that such information not be released until 72 years after it was collected. Therefore, later years may not yet be available for research.
Secretary's Book, School District No. 2, Vasquez Township, 1867-1880
Series 180 (1 Volume)
Minutes of meetings of the Board of School District No. 2, Vasquez Township, Jefferson County. Vasquez Township was one of ten created by the Board of County Commissioners in 1863. Each township constituted an election precinct. The area from W 72nd south to Colfax and Sheridan west to Indiana was Vasquez township.
The first official recording of school business was May 6, 1867 at a meeting of the electors of school district number two, held at the house of Oliver Graves. Simon Cort, Oliver Graves, George L. Graves, L.K. Perrin, W.C. Bradley, J.M. Gilmore, B.F. Wadsworth, L.A. Reno and H. Wolff present. The purpose was to elect officers for a board. Those elected were Oliver Graves, president; P.M. Royce, secretary; and L.K. Perrin, treasurer. Subsequent meetings were held to discuss the selection of a site to build a schoolhouse and the authorization to levy and collect a tax to finance the school. The first teacher hired was J.L. Vernon.
Photocopy of book and copy of a handwritten transcript by Clara Swadley Kimbrough only. Location of original unknown.
Superintendent of Schools Daily Record, 1949-1961
Series 112 (1 Volume)
Daily record of activities of the County Superintendent of Schools, including visits to schools, time spent in the office and various meetings attended.
Unprocessed School Records, 1873-1979
Unprocessed archival collections have not been nicely re-foldered, re-boxed, or labeled, may not be arranged in any discernible order, and do not have finding aids written for them. They are, however, available to researchers unless in rare instances access restrictions have been placed upon them or redaction of sensitive information is required.
Please contact Archivist for details regarding specific series.
Information on this page may change frequently. Titles of actual records may differ slightly and date ranges may be approximate. Advance notice is required to view records.
- Arvada New Schoolhouse (Architectural Drawings), circa 1900
- Daily Record of School Nursing, 1923-1924
- Evergreen High School (Architectural Drawings), 1946
- Golden Public Schools: Health Notices, 1933
- Jeffco Public Schools Newsletters, Aug. 1978 & July 1979
- Jefferson County School Districts (Maps), 1904 & 1930
- Jefferson County School Plots (Site Plans), 1965
- Jefferson County Schools and Facilities (Map), 1975
- Lunchroom Report to Board of County Commissioners of Total Receipts and County’s Share, 1954-1955
- North Side School, Golden (Blueprints), circa 1912
- Public School Register (List of Teachers), 1899-1901
- Resolution (School Board: Dangerous Intersection Colfax & Wadsworth), 1939
- School District Account Ledger Book 1 (Tax Receipts and Disbursements), 1891-1909
- School District Account Ledgers, 1910-1935
- School Sites and Boundaries: Community Facilities Study, Denver Metropolitan Area (Map), 1964-1965
- Sewer System for School District No. 32, Fruitdale (Plans), 1927
- Specifications for Pedestrian Underpass at Montair School, Edgewater, 1934
- Superintendent of Schools Annual Report to Board of County Commissioners, 1873-1875
- Treasurer’s Annual Report to Superintendent of Schools of Receipts and Disbursements of School Funds, 1889-1940
- Treasurer’s Statement of Receipts and Disbursements from School District Bonds, 1897
- Warrant Register (Register of School Warrants), 1908-1948