- Atlas of Colorado
- Maps of Federal Aid
- Parks Blat & Book
- Field Survey
- Index to Road Actions
- Road Petitions
- Road Record Book 1-A
- State Road Plat
- Unprocessed Road Records
Atlas of Colorado, 1951 to 1967
Series No. 144 (One volume)
Post-bound folder containing general highway maps of each county in Colorado (with the exception of Denver County). Prepared by the State of Colorado in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration. Original maps dated 1951 to 1966, with State Highway and County Road System revisions dated 1967. Folder also contains a 1965 Traffic Volume Map of the state highway system showing annual average daily traffic with enlarged inserts of congested areas.
Bureau of Public Roads: Maps of Federal Aid Projects, 1920s to 1940s
Detailed engineering drawings of federally funded highway construction projects in Jefferson County and surrounding areas. Drawings may also show some landowner names and locations of buildings along proposed roads. Unprocessed collection, but available for use. Contact Archivist for details.
Denver Mountain Parks Road Plat Book, 1916
Unprocessed collection, but available for use; written description unavailable at this time. Contact Archivist for details.
Field Survey Books and Notes, 1875 to 1877, 1915
Series Number 122 (One box)
Original field survey book, photocopy of same, and transcription of Jefferson County Surveyor Edward L. Berthoud containing surveys of county roads, mineral / mining claims, railroad rights-of-way, and boundaries. This book of handwritten and drawn field surveys is labeled: "Private, Surveys of Roads, Mining Claims, & Land, 1875-1877."
Typewritten "Field Notes of Section 1, Township 5 South, Range 72 West" by County Surveyor Irving B. Williams, 1915.
Index to Road Actions by the Board of County Commissioners, 1862 to 1941
Series 141 (1 Volume)
Index to all road-related actions heard and/or acted upon by the Board of County Commissioners. Index lists name of road, state or US Highway number; petitioners' names; location and description of proposed road; and book and page number referencing either Commission Minute Books or the Road Record Book where the road action was discussed by the Commissioners.
Entries may also include information as to when a new road was opened or an old road vacated; proposed changes to an existing road; length or width of road; vacations; declaration as a county road; or status of petition (withdrawn, granted, not granted, etc.). Arranged by township, then by range and section. This book contains a name index to petitioners and a list of road actions with no petitioners given, and a small section of miscellaneous roads that have no township and range given.
Road Petitions, Viewers' Reports, Plats
Miscellaneous, circa 1862 to 1934
Unprocessed collections, but available for use; detailed written description unavailable at this time. Contact Archivist for details.
Road petitions state proposed route and/or existing route of road in question, the names of all landowners affected by the proposed road, and the legal descriptions of all property involved. Road viewers' reports list property owners' names, legal description of property affected, and amount of damages to be paid to the landowners. Loose documents may include plats, correspondence, etc.
Road Record Book 1-A, 1883 to 1923
Series 179 (1 Volume)
The Road Record book contains the official recording of road petitions and corresponding road viewers' reports. Includes index of petitions and view reports by township and range. The first section of the book contains the written text of the road petition, drawing showing proposed or existing route of road by section, township, and range, names of petitioners, and actions taken by the Board of County Commissioners.
The second section contains the road viewers' report with drawing, names of land owners affected, cost of opening said road including amount of damages to be paid to affected land owners, and action taken by the BCC. Name index available (published by Foothills Genealogical Society).
State Road Plat Book, 1909 to 1934
Detailed engineering drawings of state highway projects in Jefferson County by the Colorado State Highway Department. Drawings may also show ditches, landowner name, and location of houses, barns, pastures, corrals, and orchards along proposed roads.
Unprocessed collection, but available for use. Contact Archivist for details.
Unprocessed Road Records, 1886 to 1993
Unprocessed archival collections have not been nicely re-foldered, re-boxed, or labeled, may not be arranged in any discernible order, and do not have finding aids written for them. They are, however, available to researchers unless in rare instances access restrictions have been placed upon them or redaction of sensitive information is required.
Please contact Archivist for details regarding specific record series.
Information on this page may change frequently. Titles of actual records may differ slightly and date ranges may be approximate. Advance notice is required to view records.
- Bear Creek Toll Road Ledger, 1886 to 1889
- Case File: Lakewood v Mavromatis (Recording of Road Petitions and Road Books), 1993
- Claims against Gaffy & Keefe Construction Co. for Construction of State Road 62 (S Golden Road), 1917
- Clear Creek Highway Association Minutes, 1937
- Clear Creek Road Specifications (Drawing), undated
- Colorado and Utah Highway Map, 1968
- Colorado Dept. of Highways Special Provisions for Projects:
- 6th Avenue, Wadsworth to Sheridan, 1960
- Wadsworth, 32nd to 12th, 1960
- Colorado Highway Map, 1966
- Colorado Safety Council Accident Reports, 1938 to 1939
- Colorado State Highway Department Special Provisions for Federal Aid Project 67-A (4), undated
- Contracts and Agreements for Bridges, Roads, Highway Projects, 1904 to 1960
- Correspondence and Petitions related to Roads and Streets, 1907 to 1938
- Critchell Road, Surveyed by C.E. Lytle, Surveyor (Plat), 1920
- Denver City Tramway Co. Petition, Plat, Resolution for Construction of Wye at Sheridan and 38th Avenue, 1912
- Denver Metro Area (State Highway Development Plan), 1956
- Denver Road Map, 1968
- Field Notes of Road Survey of County Road, NE Corner Sec 24, Twp 4, R 69, running south along county line to south boundary of Twp 4, 1881
- General Highway Maps:
- Jefferson County, 1936
- Summit County, 1952
- Teller County, 1952
- Hackberry Tree (Photos, Letters, Petitions to not cut tree down for road construction and History), 1936
- Highway 20, Project Number 81 (Plans, Complete Set), 1941
- Highway and Transportation Maps, Congested Areas (Colorado State Highway Department), 1936:
- D-4: Arvada
- D-5: Sheridan West, 52nd to 29th
- D-6: Sheridan West, 26th to 6th
- D-7: Daniels Street (Simms) West, 26th to 6th
- D-8, Federal West, 1st to Florida
- Highway Maintainer Equipment Inventory, 1921
- Petitions & Resolutions (BCC): Vacations of Streets and Lands, 1950 to 1952
- Photos: Highway 285 and S Simms Construction, 2002 to 2003
- Photos: Streets & Highways in Jefferson County, circa 1960 to circa 1980
- Road Overseer’s Monthly Financial Reports, Invoices, etc., 1910 to 1924
- Specifications for Pedestrian Underpass at Montair School, Edgewater, 1934
- State Highway 62 (South Golden Road): Proposal, Contract, Specifications, etc. for Construction, 1916 to 1917
- State Highway Department/Commission (Correspondence, Reports, Payroll Comparison, Programs, Funds, Maintenance, Agreements, etc.), 1917- to 939
- Traffic Signal Agreements, 1956 to 1960
- Traffic Volume, State of Colorado (Map), 1948 to 1952
- Vacation Deeds, 1895 to 1942