Our program has an ongoing need for donations that can be used to enrich the lives of the children and families we serve. Because the majority of our families are living in poverty, they often have needs outside of the classroom. Your donation could help to meet those needs!
We have an Amazon Wish List, to make giving easy no matter where you are! Items can ship directly to us. You can check out the link here:
We are currently hoping to get the following items donated, new in box, to be used as incentives for family events during the 2022-2023 school year!
- Sonicare toothbrush
- Healthy Cookbooks- Healthy Cooking on a Budget
- Fitness Tracker (Fitbit, Garmin, etc.)
- Instapots, Crockpots, or Air Fryers
- Strider bike, or other age-appropriate bike.
Ongoing needs for our program and families include:
- Boots, gently used or new, sizes toddler 6-13
- Winter hats, gloves, and ear muffs
- Athletic Shoes/Sneakers, gently used or new, sizes toddler 6-13
- Pants, gently used or new, sizes 3T-6X
- Baby clothing, sizes 0-3 months and up
- New Art supplies (tempera paint, brushes, markers, crayons, notebooks)
- Feminine Hygiene products- sealed, in unopened packaging
- Baby Wipes
- Preschool books/Easy Readers
- Laundry Soap
- Liquid Dish Soap
- Lysol Wipes or Spray
In addition to the above, we also collect limited donations that go directly to families to address urgent needs. These sorts of donations are usually coordinated on a case-by-case basis.
During the winter, before winter break, we also work hard with community sponsors to get a gift donated for every Head Start child. This is a remarkable commitment of time and energy on the parts of us as well as our wonderful, generous donors. We also work with local and long-distance donors to sponsor entire Head Start families during the holidays, providing gifts for every family member.
**Please note, these opportunities are only available to Jefferson County Head Start families.**
If you are interested in donating anything to our program or families, or if you would like more information about our holiday sponsorship programs, please feel free to contact Volunteer & Community Outreach Supervisor Teresa Lehtinen at 720-497-7946 or via email.