Maps, Plats & Drawings
- Atlas of Colorado
- Boettcher Mansion Architectural Drawings
- Construction Project Drawings
- Crown Hill Cemetery
- Golden Landmarks assn. Map collection
- Jefferson County Abstract Co. Maps
- Manuscript Maps of Jefferson County
- Map of Denver & Surroundings
- Misc. Maps, Plats & Drawings
- Subdivision (Address) Plat Books
- Willits Farm Map
- Willits Map of Golden
- Unprocessed Maps, Plats & Drawings
Atlas of Colorado, 1951-1967
Series 144 (1 Volume)
Post-bound volume containing general highway maps of each county in Colorado (with the exception of Denver County). Prepared by the State of Colorado in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration. Original maps dated 1951 to 1966, with State Highway and County Road System revisions dated 1967.
Also contains a 1965 Traffic Volume Map of the state highway system showing annual average daily traffic with enlarged inserts of congested areas.
Boettcher Mansion Architectural Drawings, 1917
Series 241 (10 Matted and Framed Drawings)
In 1917, Mr. Charles Boettcher commissioned Denver architects Fisher and Fisher to design and build a secluded retreat atop Lookout Mountain for use as a summer home and hunting lodge. Originally called "Lorraine Lodge," the 110 acre property remained in the family until 1972 when it was donated to Jefferson County for public use and enjoyment. These ten original matted and framed architectural drawings were created by Fisher and Fisher in 1917 for Mr. Boettcher and were displayed in the mansion when it became county property up until 2020. The first five drawings are not included in this collection.
See content list here for descriptions of drawings in the collection.
Construction Project Drawings, 1950-1987
Series 109 (10 Rolled Sets of Drawings)
Drawings and plans for the old Jefferson County Courthouse and Treasurer and Assessor buildings.
View Finding Aid (PDF) for complete inventory.
Crown Hill Cemetery Association Plat Book, 1908-1971
Series 220 (One volume)
Large, post-bound volume containing copies of recorded plats for the various sections and blocks of Crown Hill Cemetery located in Wheat Ridge, Colorado. Includes the original 1908 plat listing Verner Davis as landscape artist and J.C. McAdams as engineer.
The Crown Hill Cemetery Association was formed in 1907 by George W. Olinger and five other Denver entrepreneurs. Their plan was to convert the land just west of Wadsworth Ave. into one of the finest cemeteries in the Denver area. They purchased 180 acres of farmland owned by Henry Lee and opened Crown Hill Cemetery in December 1907. Construction began on the historic Tower of Memories mausoleum in 1926. The 158-ft. tall granite tower, which took decades to build, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.
History note from www.dignitymemorial.com
Golden Landmarks Association Map Collection, 1874-1976
Series 240 (18 Maps)
Miscellaneous historical maps donated to the Archives by the Golden Landmarks Association. See Finding Aid (PDF) for a complete list of the maps.
Jefferson County Abstract Company Maps, 1867-1949
Series 143 (530 Maps)
Collection of maps and plats compiled or collected by the former Jefferson County Abstract Company located in Golden and found in the basement of the Foss Building. The majority of the maps are tracings of recorded subdivision plats although also included are surveys by former County Surveyors, maps showing road, railroad, or ditch rights of way, and a few miscellaneous maps made by private engineers or surveyors. Many sheets contain multiple tracings.
View Finding Aid (PDF) for complete inventory.
Manuscript Maps of Jefferson County, 1879 & 1890
Series 116 (2 Maps)
Hand-drawn maps of Jefferson County. Original map (circa 1879) measures 5 feet by 13 feet and is in four 50 inch by 60 inch sections, ink on linen-backed paper, encapsulated in Mylar.
1879 map has been digitized by the Denver Public Library and is available by clicking here.
Circa 1890 map is a digitized copy only.
See Finding Aid (PDF) here.
Map of Denver and Surroundings, 1915
Series 119 (Original map and digitized version)
Map of the Denver metropolitan area, abstracted by R. W. Gelders of Greeley, Colorado in 1915. Map covers the area in Ranges 67 to 70 West and Townships 2 to 5 South. Shows land owners' names. Original map measures 73 inches by 55 inches on paper backed with linen.
Miscellaneous Maps, Plats & Drawings
- City of Arvada Trails Plan Map, 1975
Shows off-street trails and on-street bicycle paths
- City of Golden, Colorado, 1906 Scale: 1 inch = 150 feet
- Colorado Territory, 1862 (Reproduction)
- County Map of Dakota, Wyoming, Kansas, Nebraska and Colorado, 1890 (Reproduction)
- East Jefferson County Sanitation District, General Plan, Sanitary Sewer System, 1953, 1966 Rev.
- General Highway Map of Summit County, 1952
- General Highway Map of Teller County, 1952
- Historical Map of Early Colorado with Portraits, 1949 (Reproduction)
- Jefferson County Interim Open Space and Park Map, 1974 Shows existing and proposed open space
- Jefferson Green Filings 1A and 2 Easement Location and Description Map, 1973
- Lookout Mountain Park Realty and Investment Company, 1915 Platting of Lookout Mountain Park
- Map of Public Surveys in Colorado Territory, 1866 (Reproduction)
- Model of Auraria and Denver City, 1860 (Reproduction)
- Nell's Topographical and Township Map of the State of Colorado, 1885 (Reproduction)
- Plat of Denver, Auraria and Highland; Jefferson Territory, 1859 (Reproduction)
- South Platte River Basin, Colorado, 1930
Subdivision (Address) Plat Books, 1970-1978
Series 134 (4 Volumes)
Subdivision plat maps showing legal descriptions of planned development; tracts; lots; streets and roads; easements; boundaries; private roads and drives; and some addresses for parcels of land in Jefferson County.
Willits Farm Map, 1899
Series 118 (One digitized copy and one reproduction paper copy on four sheets)
Cadastral map of the Denver metropolitan area and surrounding counties showing land ownership. Encompasses an area from east to west of 30 miles, and 32 miles from north to south, centered on the city of Denver. The map includes the western 18 miles of Arapahoe County, Townships 1 to 5 South, Ranges 66 to 68 West; and the northern 24 miles of Jefferson County, as far west as Golden, including Townships 2 to 5 South, Range 69 and most of 70 West.
The southeastern corner of Boulder County is included, and very small portions of Weld and Douglas Counties as they bordered Arapahoe County on the north and south show as well. This map was made prior to 1901 when Adams County and the city and county of Denver were created from Arapahoe County.
(Original map held at Denver Public Library, Western History/Genealogy Department)
Index available (published by Foothills Genealogical Society). The index lists owners' names (or in some cases, a lessee) and place names.
Willits Map of Golden, 1878
Series 148 (Original map, digitized copy and reproduction copy)
Map of Golden, compiled from official records by W.C. Willits. Scale: 250 feet to the inch. Map shows street names, blocks and lots, buildings, railroads, ditches and more.
Original map is mounted on 3/8" thick wood under Plexiglas, measuring 33 inches by 41 inches.
Reproduction map (16 inches by 20 inches) redrawn by Dan Abbott April 1, 1987 from original.
Unprocessed Maps, Plats and Drawings, 1874-2002
Unprocessed archival collections have not been nicely re-foldered, re-boxed, or labeled, may not be arranged in any discernible order, and do not have finding aids written for them. They are, however, available to researchers unless in rare instances access restrictions have been placed upon them or redaction of sensitive information is required.
Information on this page may change frequently. Titles of actual records may differ slightly and date ranges may be approximate. Advance notice is required to view records.
Please contact Archivist for details regarding specific maps.
- America's Cattle Trails, Compiled from Contemporary Sources (Poster by Brayer & Brayer), 1949
- Arvada New Schoolhouse (Architectural Drawings), circa 1900
- Arvada Post Office / Feed Store: Contract and Plans (Pierce Block), 1925
- Auraria South of Cherry Creek (Reproduction of 1860 Map)
- Base Map Showing Incorporated Areas, 1982
- Berkeley Special Sanitary Sewer District (Map), 1922
- Boulder County Election Precincts (Map), 1976
- Brook Ridge, NE 1/4 Sec. 6, T2S, R71W (Plat), 1954
- Buena Vista Lode and Mill Site Survey, 1888
- Church's Brick Yard Spur, Right-of-Way and Track Map, Colorado and Southern Rwy Co., 1918
- Clear Creek Road Specifications (Drawing), undated
- Colorado and Utah Highway Map, 1968
- Colorado Central Railroad ROW Deed – Daniels Park (by Jeffco Engineering), undated
- Colorado Highway Map, 1966
- Colorado Territory (Reproduction of 1862 Map)
- Conduit Number 25 (Drawings):
- Sheet 1: Moffat Filter Plant to W Bayaud & S Carr Street, 1954
- Sheet 2: W Bayaud & S Carr to W Alameda & S Pierce Street, 1954
- Sheet 3: W Alameda & S Pierce Street to end of line at W Florida & S Sheridan, 1954
- County Map of Dakota, Wyoming, Kansas, Nebraska and Colorado (Reproduction of 1870 Map)
- County Planning Maps (Jefferson County Planning Commission), 1960s
- County Poor Farm: Details of Septic Tank (Plans), 1925
- Critchell Road, Surveyed by C.E. Lytle, Surveyor (Plat), 1920
- Curve Shoppette Sign (Evergreen), Drawing by Gordon Neon Co.
- Denver / Denver Metropolitan Area (Maps), 1947, 1978, and 1993
- Denver City North of Cherry Creek (Reproduction of 1860 Map)
- Denver Metro Area (State Highway Development Plan), 1956
- Denver Mountain Area (USGS Colorado Shaded Relief Series), 1948
- Denver Mountain Parks, Mount Evans (USGS Map), 1923
- Denver Road Map, 1968
- Dry Creek Valley Ditch, Great Western Outlet Ditch (Broomfield) (Hand-drawn Plat), undated
- Ecological Planning Study of Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson and Weld Counties (RTD), after 1967
- Election Precinct and Special District Maps, 1930-2002
- Evergreen High School (Architectural Drawings), 1946
- Evergreen Library (Drawing), undated
- Farmer’s Reservoir and Irrigation Co.: General Map Showing Canal and Reservoir System, 1935
- Fred D. Blackmer Lands in Jefferson, Clear Creek and Gilpin Counties, North and South of Beaverbrook (Survey), undated
- Front Range Urban Corridor (Maps):
- Sheet 1: Boulder, Fort Collins, Greeley, 1972
- Sheet 2: Greater Denver Area, 1972
- Sheet 3: Colorado Springs, Castle Rock Area, 1972
- Fort Logan Quadrangle (Topographical Map), 1937
- General Highway Maps:
- Jefferson County, 1936
- Summit County, 1952
- Teller County, 1952
- Geological Map of Colorado, 1935
- GIS Map of Historic Sites, 1992
- Gold Hill Mining Area (Boulder County), Surveyed in 1937 and 1938 (Poster)
- Golden (Maps), 1959 &1976
- Golden Quadrangle (Topographical Map), 1944
- Goodhart-Stoddard Subdivision (Plat), 1947
- The Great Pioneer State of Colorado (Poster by Perry C. Van Arsdale), 1972
- Green Mountain Village (Plat), 1960
- Highway 20, Project 81 (Complete Set Plans), 1941
- Highway and Transportation Maps, Congested Areas (Colorado State Highway Department), 1936:
- D-4: Arvada
- D-5: Sheridan West, 52nd to 29th
- D-6: Sheridan West, 26th to 6th
- D-7: Daniels St. (Simms) West, 26th to 6th
- D-8, Federal West, 1st to Florida
- Historical Map of Early Colorado with Portraits of Distinguished Leaders and Portrayals of Historic Events (Colorado Historical Society), 1949
- Housing Density Structures per Acre Demonstration, undated
- Jefferson County (Map), undated
- Jefferson County (Framed Map), 1982
- Jefferson County (3,4 and 5 S, 69W and 3 and 4S, 70W), 1946
- Jefferson County (USGS Topographical County Map Series), 1976
- Jefferson County Buildings:
- Administration and Courts Facility (Concept Drawing), ca. 1988
- Administration and Courts Facility (Framed Drawing), 1993
- Administration and Courts Facility: Aerial Views / Plans for Clerk and Recorder Portion of New Building at 100 Jefferson County Parkway (Drawings), 1985
- Administration and Courts Facility: 2nd Floor Furniture and Equipment Plan (Architectural Drawings), 1990s
- Criminal Justice Complex (Drawings), undated
- Foothills Building (Architectural Drawings), 1993-1994
- Government Center (Drawings), 1989
- Government Center, 2nd Floor East (Architectural Drawings), 1989
- Jail, Sheriff’s Offices and Residence, 16th & Arapahoe in Golden (Architectural Drawings), 1957
- Open Space Reroofing (Architectural Drawings), 1985
- Sheriff’s Office and Jail (Architectural Drawings), 1954
- Treasurer and Assessor Offices, 1600 Arapahoe, Golden (Architectural Drawings), undated
- Jefferson County Fairgrounds (Plot Plan), 1956
- Jefferson County School Districts (Maps), 1904 & 1930
- Jefferson County School Plots (Site Plans), 1965
- Jefferson County Schools and Facilities (Map), 1975
- Lakewood (Map), 1976
- Lakewood Bancroft Fire Protection District Map, 1992
- Landmarks in the Morrison Area (Poster), undated
- Leyden Coal Mine (Plat), 1908
- Littleton Quadrangle (Topographical Map), 1942
- Lookout Mountain Park Realty and Investment Company Land (Map), undated
- The Loop: Colorado and Southern Railway, 51 Miles West from Denver (Georgetown Loop), circa 1921
- Map History of American Indian Tribes (Poster), circa 1972
- Map of Denver and Surroundings (Hotchkiss Map Co.), undated
- Map showing railroad spur to Coors running along Clear Creek from McIntyre, undated
- Morrison, Surveyed and Platted by Thomas Whithers (Plat), 1874
- Morrison Quadrangle, 1957
- Nell's Topographical and Township Map of the State of Colorado (Reproduction of 1885 Map)
- North Side School, Golden (Blueprints), circa 1912
- Northwest, West, showing Railroad, Trails, Historical Routes (Poster by Perry C. VanArsdale), 1969
- Oberon Development from The Capitol City Realty Co. (Plat), circa 1950s
- Oberon, 3rd Filing (Plat), circa 1950s
- Old Mill Site (Drawing), undated
- Parcel at Harlan and 38th (Survey), 1952
- Petitioner’s Exhibit A (Drawing), undated
- Pioneer New Mexico Map (Poster by Perry Van Arsdale), 1971
- Plan of the Cities of Denver, Auraria and Highland, Jefferson Territory (Reproduction of 1859 Map)
- Population Density 1965 and Percentage Change in Population Density 1960 to 1965 (Map), 1965
- Post Census Tract Map, Jefferson County, 1990
- Proposed Land Use Plan, Sheridan to Carr, 28th to 48th, undated
- Public Surveys in Colorado Territory (Reproduction of 1866 Map)
- Range Maps numbers 1 to 4 (Jefferson County Planning Department), 1975
- Reservoirs, Ditches, Pipelines, etc. by Township & Range (Map), undated
- Right-of-Way Plan for Proposed Federal Aid Projects, State Highways 70 and 74, 1992
- Rocky Mountain National Park, 1987
- Rollandet's Guide Map and Street Index to Denver, 1892
- Rooney White Ash Coal Mine: Map of Geologic Structure, Map of Tramline, 1912
- School Sites and Boundaries: Community Facilities Study, Denver Metropolitan Area (Map), 1964-1965
- NW¼ Section 34-2-69 (Plat), 1910
- S½ NW¼ Section 24-3-70 (Plat), 1956
- Section 14-4-70: ROW on Parcel (with letter regarding defective deed between Stieffs & Jeffco) (Plat), 1964
- Section 9-6-70: Parcels owned by Edward Murray and Henry Pollaro (Shows fence lines and other data) (District Court Case Exhibit number 2256), undated
- Service Station and Drive-up Restaurant at 10400 W. Hampden Ave. (Proposed Plans), undated
- Sewer System for School District #32 (Plans), 1927
- Slope Map of Jefferson County, 1971
- South Platte Canal and Reservoir Co. Map of Canal and Pipelines, 1894
- South Platte Dam (Plat), 1899
- South Platte Dam Details (Drawing), undated
- Standley Reservoir, Farmers Reservoir and Irrigation Co. (Plat), undated
- Starbuck Heights (Plat [Negative]), 1920
- State of Colorado Base Map (USGS), 1973
- Survey Drawings for road along Clear Creek in Clear Creek Canyon, undated
- Tindall Coal Mine, Denver Coal Co. (Hand drawn Map), 1894
- Township Maps, 1968 and 1972 Series, Retired 1990
- Township Maps showing Status of Public Domain Land and Mineral Titles, current to 1982
- Traffic Volume, State of Colorado (Maps) 1948 & 1952
- Transmission Line Between Rock Rest and Morrison, Jefferson County Power & Light Co. (Map), 1925
- U.S. Bicentennial (Poster), 1976
- U.S. Bill of Rights (Poster)
- U.S. Constitution (Poster)
- U.S. Declaration of Independence (Poster)
- USGS 1976 Big Thompson Flood (Poster)
- USGS Quadrangle Maps of Colorado, 1942 to 1987
- W470 Election Voting Boundaries for Election February 7, 1989 (Map), 1989
- Zoning Maps, 1946-1975
- Zoning, Colfax to 6th Avenue, Kipling to Oak (Commissioners Exhibit AA-6, B61-212), undated