Youth Services offers numerous free services to individuals, ages 14 to 24, in Jefferson, Gilpin and Clear Creek counties. This is a federally-funded program that helps youth develop job readiness skills and get connected to employment opportunities. Youth Services also offers free assistance in supporting youth to obtain their high school diploma, GED or post-secondary certificate/training (two years or less).
Youth Services in the News!
- Denver Post: Youth Workforce Program Grows to Help More Young People With Jobs
- Arvada Press: Future Entrepreneurs Tour Olde Town Arvada Businesses
Services open to all youth include:
- Access to job listings and national job search Internet sites
- Career assessment and counseling
- Extensive library of financial aid, education and job search-related resources
- Job market information and employer profiles
- Job referrals and job development assistance
- Job search and job success skills training workshops
- Referrals to schools, agencies and other youth resources
- Self-help computer stations with internet access
Eligibility-based, free services for qualifying youth include:
- Adult mentoring
- Basic education, tutoring and study skills
- Case management
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling
- GED preparation
- Intensive job search assistance
- Leadership development opportunities
- Occupations skills training
- Paid and unpaid work experience
If you are interested in either program, please call 303-271-4613 or email us.