To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all our event guests, please respect the following rules:
- Anyone not on horseback must be outside the arena.
- Children (under age 18) must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
- Lunging, roping, barrel racing, jumping, trick riding, racing and/or similar activities are strictly prohibited during open riding.
- Breaking horses, team roping and bucking out bulls or horses is not permitted during open riding. A facility rental is required for these activities.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed anywhere on the Fairgrounds complex without the proper permit(s).
- No illegal drugs (including marijuana) or related paraphernalia are allowed anywhere on the Fairgrounds complex.
- No riding or behavior lessons / clinics / training (commercial or other) are permitted during open riding. A facility rental is required for these activities.
- Proper riding etiquette must be followed at all times.
- Riders are responsible for cleanup of their horses. Manure should be placed in the provided bins. Failure to properly remove and place manure in the provided bins will result in individuals being suspended from Open Ride.
- Stallions are strictly prohibited in the arena during open riding.
- There is a $5.00 per rider fee (per session) for open riding in the Event Center. Please pay (via payment box) prior to riding. Fees are collected multiple times daily. Failure to pay the $5.00 fee will result in individuals being suspended from Open Ride.
- Please be respectful and courteous at all times.
- It is the responsibility of each rider to be aware of and obey these, and all Fairgrounds policies. Disregard, or failure to comply with these, and/or any stated guideline or rule makes said rider(s) subject to immediate removal from the Fairgrounds property. Repeat noncompliance could result in banishment from the premises and/or criminal charges.
- If interested in a facility rental, please contact the Fairgrounds Event team at 303-271-6600.
- Jeffco Fairgrounds is not responsible for accidents or injuries to horses or individuals, theft, loss or damage to personal property.
Under Colorado Law, an equine professional and an equine activity sponsor are not liable for an injury to, or the death of, a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities, pursuant to section 13-21-119, Colorado Revised Statutes. Under Colorado Law, a llama professional and a llama activity sponsor are not liable for an injury to, or the death of, a participant in llama activities resulting from the inherent risks of llama activities, pursuant to section 13-21-119, Colorado Revised Statutes.
15200 West 6th Avenue
Golden, CO 80401
15200 West 6th Avenue Golden CO 80401
The Jeffco Fairgrounds has switched to a four-day business week and is closed on Mondays.
Our current office hours are Tuesday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
We encourage guests to set up an appointment if they are planning to come to the office in person.
Please call 303-271-6600 or email the Fairgrounds team and one of our team members will gladly set up an appointment for you.