Alerts & Closures
- REOPEN: North Table Loop at North Table Mountain Park
- REOPEN: Deer Creek Canyon and Hildebrand Ranch Parks following muddy trail closures
- NOTICE: Beginning 1/6, trail improvements will begin at South Table Mountain Park.
- CLOSED: Beginning, Wed., 12/18, the parking lot at the mouth of Clear Creek Canyon Park closed
- NOTICE: Beginning 1/1/2020, a $12 fee per site, per night, will be applied to all JCOS campsites
- CLOSED: Centennial Cone Park is closed for hunting 12/1-1/31
- CLOSED: Sourdough Springs Campground Closed for Winter Season
Types of Closures
Seasonal Closures – at certain times, typically February through July, wildlife require minimal human disturbance. Seasonal closures allow wildlife to successfully nest, rear young, or survive a critical time in their lifecycles.
Sensitive Area Closures – when open space areas that contain rich biodiversity from vegetation to animal life are susceptible to human disturbance, Jeffco Open Space may designate the area as sensitive and closed to public access for the protection of the natural elements.
Trail Closures – Trails may be closed when resource damage has occurred, restoration or relocation is underway, or conditions are deemed unsafe.
Hazard Closures – Closures that pose a safety hazard to visitors include rock fall, flooding, unsecured mine shafts and heavy equipment use.
Hunting Closures – Centennial Cone Park provides a period for hunting by permitted and licensed hunters during the months of December and January each year. The Park is closed to all other use at this time.
Wildfire Closures – When wildfires occur either in a park or adjacent to our parks, closures may be applied for public safety and/or staging of response crews.