Jeffco Open Space offers semi-primitive, tent-only camping by permit at White Ranch Park (northwest of Golden) and Reynolds Park (southeast of Conifer). Camping in these two parks is semi-primitive—no vehicles, trailers, or RVs.
NOTICE: We’ve returned to our standard campsite occupancy levels; we are currently allowing eight people and three tents per site at our White Ranch Park campgrounds and six people and two tents per site at our Reynolds Park campground. Permits must be obtained online at least seven days in advance.
Camping is by advance permit only, permits must be obtained online at least 7 days in advance. Permits CANNOT be obtained at the park, Jeffco Open Space Headquarters, or by phone.
- Required camping permits are $12 per campsite, per night
- Campers must acknowledge and sign campground rules
- Camping permits are valid for a maximum stay of three consecutive nights
- Campground stays are limited to no more than a total of six nights within a 30-day period
- Camp sites are released for reservation 90 days in advance
- No more than eight (8) campers and three (3) tents permitted at our White Ranch Park sites and six (6) campers and two (2) tents are permitted at our Reynolds Park sites
Onsite Camping Conditions:
- Camping is allowed in designated campgrounds only
- All individuals/groups camping at designated campsites must have a valid camping permit and valid parking pass
- Permit holders are required to be present at the campsite during their stay and are responsible for the condition of the campsite during and upon vacating the campsite
- Parking passes can be obtained on-site using the code provided on the camping permit and must be displayed in all vehicles associated with the campsite. The camping permit must be on the person who made the reservation at the campsite.
- Check-in is noon and check-out is 11:30 A.M.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 P.M. - 6:00 A.M.
- Your entire party must be in your permitted campsite(s) by park closing time (one hour after sunset); you will not be able to access your campsite after the park closes.
Please note the following year-round fire restrictions:
- No campfires
- No charcoal grills or open flames
- No smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or a developed trailhead area that is devoid of all vegetation. Visitors must safely and properly dispose of all cigarette butts.
Please note that Sourdough Springs Campground at White Ranch Park is closed from November 1 - March 31