Please note the following year-round fire restrictions:
- No campfires
- No charcoal grills or open flames
- No smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or a developed trailhead area that is devoid of all vegetation. Visitors must safely and properly dispose of all cigarette butts.
Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m.
Strictly enforced; gates will close and lock.
Jeffco Open Space offers semi-primitive, tent-only camping by permit at White Ranch Park (northwest of Golden) and Reynolds Park (southeast of Conifer). Camping in these two parks is semi-primitive—no vehicles, trailers or RVs.
Camping permits are only available by visiting the Jeffco Open Space Office during normal business hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Permits cannot be obtained online or at the park. Call ahead to see if sites are available: 303.271.5925.
- Camping permits are provided at no charge
- Campers are required to provide a valid form of ID such as a driver's license
- Campers must acknowledge and sign campground rules
- Camping permits are valid for a maximum stay of three consecutive nights
- Campground stays are limited to no more than a total of six nights within a 30-day period
- Reservations for camping sites can be made up to 5:30 p.m. on the day of camping
Camping sites for the entire month are released for reservation the first day of the month three months in advance:
- May dates are released on February 1
- June dates are released on March 1
- July dates are released on April 1
- August dates are released on May 1
- September dates are released on June 1
Onsite Camping Conditions:
- Camping is allowed in designated campgrounds only
- All individuals/groups camping at designated campsites must have a valid camping permit and valid parking pass
- Permit holders are required to be present at the campsite during their stay and are responsible for the condition of the campsite during and upon vacating the campsite
- Parking passes must be displayed in all vehicles associated with the campsite and on the camp post. The camping permit must be on the person who made the reservation at the campsite. A maximum of 2 parking passes per campsite will be issued.
- Check-in and check-out is noon