NOTICE: Due to high park visitation, Jeffco Open Space will be suspending all new camping reservations until further notice. The increased visitation has demanded staff resources, as well as campground management, taking Park Rangers away from other essential duties of managing visitor safety and resource protection during peak times. All existing camping reservations will be honored, but no new camping reservations will be accepted. Thank you for your understanding
Jeffco Open Space offers semi-primitive, tent-only camping by permit at White Ranch Park (northwest of Golden) and Reynolds Park (southeast of Conifer). Camping in these two parks is semi-primitive—no vehicles, trailers or RVs.
Camping is by advance permit only, permits must be obtained online at least 24 hours in advance. Permits CANNOT be obtained at the park or Jeffco Open Space Headquarters.
- Required camping permits are $12 per campsite, per night
- Campers must acknowledge and sign campground rules
- Camping permits are valid for a maximum stay of three consecutive nights
- Campground stays are limited to no more than a total of six nights within a 30-day period
- Camp sites are released for reservation 90 days in advance
Onsite Camping Conditions:
- Camping is allowed in designated campgrounds only
- All individuals/groups camping at designated campsites must have a valid camping permit and valid parking pass
- Permit holders are required to be present at the campsite during their stay and are responsible for the condition of the campsite during and upon vacating the campsite
- Parking passes must be displayed in all vehicles associated with the campsite. The camping permit must be on the person who made the reservation at the campsite.
- Check-in is noon and check-out is 11:30 A.M.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 P.M. - 6:00 A.M.
- Your entire party must be in your permitted campsite(s) by park closing time (one hour after sunset); you will not be able to access your campsite after the park closes.
Please note the following year-round fire restrictions:
- No campfires
- No charcoal grills or open flames
- No smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or a developed trailhead area that is devoid of all vegetation. Visitors must safely and properly dispose of all cigarette butts.