CLOSED: Sourdough Springs campground at White Ranch Park is closed for the winter season November 1 through March 31
NOTICE: Forestry management work is currently underway at Sawmill Campground at White Ranch Park that will affect sites 11, 12, 13, & 14. There will be vehicular and equipment traffic on the service road that passes these campsites, as well as noise associated with the work being done, which will take place Monday thru Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. This work is slated to be completed by the end of summer, but may impact the serenity of your camping experience and it is highly encouraged to choose other campsites during these times.
Jeffco Open Space offers semi-primitive, tent-only camping by permit at White Ranch Park (northwest of Golden) and Reynolds Park (southeast of Conifer). Camping in these two parks is semi-primitive—no vehicles, trailers, or RVs.
Camping is by advance permit only, permits must be obtained online at least 24 hours in advance. Permits CANNOT be obtained at the park, Jeffco Open Space Headquarters, or by phone.
- Required camping permits are $12 per campsite, per night
- Campers must acknowledge and sign campground rules
- Camping permits are valid for a maximum stay of three consecutive nights
- Campground stays are limited to no more than a total of six nights within a 30-day period
- Camp sites are released for reservation 90 days in advance
- No more than eight (8) campers and three (3) tents permitted at our White Ranch Park sites and six (6) campers and two (2) tents are permitted at our Reynolds Park sites
- Cancellations must be made 72 hours in advance of your reservation date
- A cancellation fee of $4 per site, per day will be applied to all cancellations which will be refunded to your credit card. If you choose, you can receive a user credit for the full value of your registration costs which can be applied to a future camping reservation.
- No refunds will be given due to inclement weather conditions
- All cancellations must be requested via email at [email protected]
Onsite Camping Conditions:
- Camping is allowed in designated campgrounds only
- All individuals/groups camping at designated campsites must have a valid camping permit and valid parking pass
- Permit holders are required to be present at the campsite during their stay and are responsible for the condition of the campsite during and upon vacating the campsite
- Parking passes can be obtained on-site using the code provided on the camping permit and must be displayed in all vehicles associated with the campsite. The camping permit must be on the person who made the reservation at the campsite.
- Check-in is noon and check-out is 11:30 A.M.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 P.M. - 6:00 A.M.
- Your entire party must be in your permitted campsite(s) by park closing time (one hour after sunset); you will not be able to access your campsite after the park closes.
Please note the following year-round fire restrictions:
- No campfires
- No charcoal grills or open flames
- No smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or a developed trailhead area that is devoid of all vegetation. Visitors must safely and properly dispose of all cigarette butts.
Please note that Sourdough Springs Campground at White Ranch Park is closed from November 1 - March 31