Jeffco Open Space offers semi-primitive, tent-only camping by permit at White Ranch Park (northwest of Golden) and Reynolds Park (southeast of Conifer). Camping in these two parks is semi-primitive—no vehicles, trailers or RVs.
Camping permits must be obtained at least 24 hours in advance. Permits cannot be obtained at the park.
- Camping permits are provided at no charge
- Campers are required to provide a valid form of ID such as a driver's license
- Campers must acknowledge and sign campground rules
- Camping permits are valid for a maximum stay of three consecutive nights
- Campground stays are limited to no more than a total of six nights within a 30-day period
- Camp sites are released for reservation 90 days in advance
Onsite Camping Conditions:
- Camping is allowed in designated campgrounds only
- All individuals/groups camping at designated campsites must have a valid camping permit and valid parking pass
- Permit holders are required to be present at the campsite during their stay and are responsible for the condition of the campsite during and upon vacating the campsite
- Parking passes must be displayed in all vehicles associated with the campsite. The camping permit must be on the person who made the reservation at the campsite.
- Check-in is noon and check-out is 11:30 a.m.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m.
- Your entire party must be in your permitted campsite(s) by park closing time (one hour after sunset); you will not be able to access your campsite after the park closes.
Please note the following year-round fire restrictions:
- No campfires
- No charcoal grills or open flames
- No smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or a developed trailhead area that is devoid of all vegetation. Visitors must safely and properly dispose of all cigarette butts.