Lookout Mountain Preserve and Nature Center
- DO NOT visit parks and public areas if sick; stay home, seek medical care
- DO NOT gather in groups larger than 10
- Practice social distancing of at least 6’ in parks, trailheads, trails, and climbing crags
- Keep dogs on leash at ALL times
- Bring your own hand sanitizer and/or hand washing supplies; many of our parks and restrooms lack running water. Sanitize/wash hands after touching public surfaces such as railings, benches, and handles.
- FACE COVERING strongly recommended; use when near others or when passing on the trail
- High-risk visitors, use discretion for park visits and public restroom use
NOTICE: Due to COVID-19 health concerns, JCOS Headquarters, Lookout Mountain Nature Center, and Hiwan Museum facilities will be closed until further notice. All scheduled education classes, programs, and public meetings are also canceled for the safety of our employees, volunteers, and community.
Lookout Mountain Nature Center staff and volunteer naturalists inspire kids and adults to connect with the natural world. Interactive exhibits take visitors on a tour of the flora and fauna of the foothills ecosystem. Kids enjoy a hands-on play room and observation room. The Nature Center offers free naturalist-led programs in every season for individuals, families, and schools and groups. Visitors can also enjoy a walk through the nature preserve while visiting.
Beaver Brook Trail provides hiker only connections to Windy Saddle Park and Denver Mountain Parks’ Genesee Park.
Jeffco Open Space Educators offer programs throughout the year covering the county’s wildlife, plants, history and more!
Lookout Mountain Nature Center
910 Colorow Road
Golden, CO 80401
(Memorial Day –Labor Day)
Tuesday–Friday: 12:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Tuesday – Friday:
12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday:
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Lookout Mountain Preserve
Open daily, one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset. Hiker only.
- CLOSED: Sheriff's Dept closing Lookout Mtn on 7/3 & 7/4 from 4 P.M. - 10:30 P.M. each day
- REOPEN: Crown Hill Park Wildlife Sanctuary reopens 7/1 following seasonal wildlife closure
- REOPEN: Elk Range Trail at Centennial Cone Park
- NOTICE: New camping reservations suspended until further notice
- NOTICE: Rangers and S.O. implementing temporary restrictions at parks that are at capacity
- CLOSED: Due to COVID-19 health concerns, Lookout Mtn Nature Center and Hiwan Museum closed
- CLOSED: Weekday closures at Flying J Ranch Park
- CLOSED: Parking lots at the mouth of Clear Creek Canyon Park and Tunnel 1 closed for construction